Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... just this one. looked all over, but only found this.

Was at a Meijer on the way home from work. Unusual for me... I read those posts where people say, "now finding tons of this or that, series cars, etc... in BOD/dump bins... well the 3 closest Walmarts to me never have them... they just have the regular pegs and, of course, in the MOTOR city... not gonna find much around here....

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I got lucky last week and was able to open a case of the historics at my local wally. I grabbed a wagon and that same Mazda.

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Awesome finds guys congrats to the both of you. :thumbsup: So far where I live no stores haven't put any of these out yet where I live. So I'm still on the hunt for these. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
The purple RX3 is probably the peg warmer of the group, and that's saying something because Japan Historics was a pretty nice little set all around.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I came across that set a couple weeks ago for the first time, and again yesterday. First time, I picked up the 2 Datsun wagons since they had the smooth and textured grilles. Overall, I was pretty impressed with them...albeit cars that I don't really collect.

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Awesome finds congrats. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
... just this one. looked all over, but only found this.

Was at a Meijer on the way home from work. Unusual for me... I read those posts where people say, "now finding tons of this or that, series cars, etc... in BOD/dump bins... well the 3 closest Walmarts to me never have them... they just have the regular pegs and, of course, in the MOTOR city... not gonna find much around here....

I don't live to far from you..scalpers are pretty bad here aren't they? :frown2:..I knew these would be hard to find so I ordered a case. Meijers had them last week at buy 1 get 1 50% off.....of course i got there when there were two left.....didn't buy them figured the next fellow collector could benefit.....

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The purple RX3 is probably the peg warmer of the group, and that's saying something because Japan Historics was a pretty nice little set all around.
Hmmm.. I was kinds scanning ebay to look for these and according to prices and the number of auctions... seems like it goes more this way...

510 Wagon... most desired
Skyline 2000 GT-X and the RX-3... middle price range
Skyline GT-R and Toyota 2000... most auctions and price dropping

I (and maybe a lot of others) don't like that they put the Police decos on the Skyline... shoulda been a racing livery

.. unknown why people don't seem to want the Toyota...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not seeing around here either, but did find them and picked up the set. have not seen any since then, pretty hard to find

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Hmmm.. I was kinds scanning ebay to look for these and according to prices and the number of auctions... seems like it goes more this way...

510 Wagon... most desired
Skyline 2000 GT-X and the RX-3... middle price range
Skyline GT-R and Toyota 2000... most auctions and price dropping

I (and maybe a lot of others) don't like that they put the Police decos on the Skyline... shoulda been a racing livery

.. unknown why people don't seem to want the Toyota...
I've casually been checking eBay prices too, and they've fluctuated quite a bit it seems.
When the set was just out, the RX3 wasn't particularly expensive, and the Toyota was on the pricier side. Probably due to seller speculation on desirability. Now with a little time, that 510 wagon is coming out as the hot one. The whole set is still riding on a bubble though, considering the secondary market was saturated with them from the start and still is.

I suspect the Skyline GT-R isn't meant to be a real police car, considering the wheels, and sponsor logos slapped all over the side of it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I found a full set on the pegs at Walmart a few weeks ago. The Datsun Wagon is my favorite. Yesterday I saw 2 hanging at the local Kmart....the Skyline Police one and the Toyota. I left them there. I would buy another Datsun Wagon but I don't need anymore of the rest.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I've casually been checking eBay prices too, and they've fluctuated quite a bit it seems.
When the set was just out, the RX3 wasn't particularly expensive, and the Toyota was on the pricier side. Probably due to seller speculation on desirability. Now with a little time, that 510 wagon is coming out as the hot one. The whole set is still riding on a bubble though, considering the secondary market was saturated with them from the start and still is.

I suspect the Skyline GT-R isn't meant to be a real police car, considering the wheels, and sponsor logos slapped all over the side of it.
It's a tribute to the Liberty Walk Shakotan Police Skyline C110 sedan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check your Walgreen's. The ones by me have a few Historics. Didn't see any wagons. Got a wagon and 2000GT at the local Walmart a few weeks ago. A couple days later, all the Historics were gone.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
found 2 more... and only 2.. of these at Meijer again... different Meijer

kinda follows what I saw on ebay... it was just the Skyline with the Police tampo and the Toyota 2000 GT

I bought those 2... have the other Skyline coming in the mail... so I guess I just need the wagon...

good luck with that, eh? :crying:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
found 2 more... and only 2.. of these at Meijer again... different Meijer

kinda follows what I saw on ebay... it was just the Skyline with the Police tampo and the Toyota 2000 GT

I bought those 2... have the other Skyline coming in the mail... so I guess I just need the wagon...

good luck with that, eh? :crying:
I just found the 510 Wagon at my local Wally's - it's the first Car Culture car I've seen at that Walmart - I assume it's a scalper/hoarder return.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts