Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone made or is anyone going to be making accurate aft torpdeo launchers for the Monogram Voyager to be exact if not close to the original studio model's aft launchers? The fore launchers look fine, it's the aft launchers that are really irritating...and with me working on a Voyager model and accurizing her...I'd like to accurize her as much as possible....

Trent

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
56 views and no replies? I take it no one has made these or are going to make accurate aft torpdeo launchers for the Voyager kit?

Trent

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I keep trying to determine a way to make my own. Sorry; I know that isn't the sort of reply you'd like -- and I'd say the same.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I don't think anyone has made aftermarket parts for the aft torpedo launchers. When I get home, I'll check all the images of Voyager (model and CGI) to see if there is anything clearly represented. It might be as simple as cutting off another set of forward mounted ones and mounting them onto the aft blocks. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
BTW, as I recall, the deep blocky impression next to the aft torpedoes is supposed to contain an airlock. This is also true of the aft end of deck 2.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
charonjr said:
BTW, as I recall, the deep blocky impression next to the aft torpedoes is supposed to contain an airlock. This is also true of the aft end of deck 2.
Yeah, as I recall, that depression is shaped wrong (proportionally too narrow). It should have a door in there, but I can't remember which type. Either that one or the one that's supposed to be at the back of the bridge module is supposed to be a holodeck-type door, rather than a round port like elsewhere on the ship.

The torpedo launchers, IIRC, are just angled up wrong. You might just consider using putty to make the tops of them parallel to the centerline of the ship. It's not a perfect solution, but it's closer to what they're supposed to be.

The only aftermarket fixes I'm aware of for the Voyager kit are the landing legs available at FederationModels and, of course, DLM's fixed navigational deflectors (his kit has the proper parts transparent).

And, of course, there are detailed decal sets out there (the set I got has the door decals for the depression next to the aft torpedo launcers and for the bridge module).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts