Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a very simple question about the Model Motoring Car bodies made in the past decade (not about the Original Aurora MM cars).
My question is, are all the bodies molded in colored plastic, or are some of them painted ? And if some are painted, can someone post a list of which car bodies(or colors) are molded in color, thanks :)

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are molded in color except for the candy color cars, which are the same milk jug plastic as JL/AW bodies. Oh, and that candy paint is a royal pain to strip!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I thought that there was ONE painted car. It was the White Mustang. Which was due to the white plastic color being pale.

I'll see if I can dig mine out of hiding

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Ok so there are more.

Of the ones I have opened.

Holiday Willys Green
Holiday Willys Red
Silver slot car show 2000 GTO
Gold GTO
Maybe more lurking in the shadows

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Yup, I forgot the silver show car, and the GTO Tiger cars. So I guess anything that has any "flake" which includes the candy colors and white are painted. Excellent collection Goose!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW -Thanks Guys, especially Goose Chicken, who've I recently heard alot about, but since I'm still fairly New to the Forum, I missed seeing your "LIVE" posts. :D

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, now for a more Specific question.... here is a pic of a Dark Green MM Willys.

And I'm assuming this is a molded in colored Plastic. Now, how close is this dark Green to the Aurora T-Jet Standard Green ?

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Geez it's hard to tell from a picture - there is some subtle variation in my standard green cars. Material variance from specific time of production? Storage conditions since then? Light exposure? Ozone? Kids with greasy fingers way back when? Dunno. Looks pretty darn close, but it would be better to put it side by side with originals to see when they are all in the same light source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts