Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of people list their lighter colored green cars as "anti freeze" color.

My Tomart's shows and lists metallic light green and metallic lime as the 2 lighter green colors used by HW's.

How in the world can you tell which is which?

Can anyone post a pic with the 2 colors side by side to compare?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a perfect example,seller calls the color anti freeze

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1172&item=6924956118&rd=1

Here's why I'm trying to get this colored thing figured out...In a case like this the pic isn't the greatest,and the car is not mint...a bid of $20 might be worth it for a light green car but not a lime car.

Why email the seller to ask,they call it anti freeze so that tells me they don't know there are 2 lighter green colors...they won't know.

There is also a big price guide difference between the 2 colors;
$175 for metallic light green
$60 for metallic lime

blisterpack cars jump to
$350 for metallic light green
$110 for metallic lime

Thanks for any help,insight,advice...or reply...even if to just say hi:wave:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I know little about redlines but... Have you tried asking the seller for pictures of the shades of green. The seller appears to deal with a bunch of redlines. It shouldn't be too much trouble to take a picture of a "metallic light green" car next to a "metallic lime" car.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose asking for pics of different shades of green would be a decent idea as long as they have the different shades available to them.

But to just email and ask the color would probably just have them leaning toward the highest price color.

Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are into redlines, you should check out www.redlinesonline.com. There is a wealth of info on the the boards over there, especially in their "greatest hits" section. They have many members that would be happy to help you understand the difference in the rainbow of spectraflame colors.

R

·
0 Posts
lime is more green... antifreeze looks like antifreeze, that is is has a little more yellow/gold in it

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
***an update that helped solve my problem***

I won an auction for a twin mill that was advertised as a factory error...this car has a lime bottom and light green top,now I have the 2 colors closer than side by side for comparison.
Pretty cool find for me because I'm really into this twin mill casting and I've always had a fondness for the strange and unusuall:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts