Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a really cool collectibles shop today that deals with a fair amount of diecast. They had a nice area jammed full of JLs and most of them were the older cardboard releases. I saw old Poker cars, Monopoly, racing Dreams, and on and on. Every time I flipped the cars on a peg, I was reminded of seeing them when they were first released in Wal Marts, Toys R Us, or KayBee Toys.
Man I tell you it was good for the soul to see all those old releases. They even had a Monkee's diorama set for just $25, but most of their single cards were a bit pricey, around $5-6. I saw the '29 Ford Model A KISS black w/flames truck for eight bucks too. Picked up a couple of cars for ten bucks because I can't go into a shop like this and just walk out empty handed. Anyone else have a shop like this near them?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Yes, I do. They do have a good bit of diecast but I don't go there very often because their stock hardly ever changes. Not sure how they have managed to stay in business but they're hanging in there.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Nothing like that in my area/state. I have to resort to ebay or HT's swap ans sell.
Thankfully there are enough old JL releases that I don't have to still keep me interested in the brand.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
There's a LHS that about two years ago I just about cleaned out. Everything on cardboard was 2 bucks, Whites included. His regular price was 4.99 for the old stuff and 5.99 each for the new clamshell packages. Still gets some stuff in but not at 2.00 :(.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts