Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1/43 scale Toy Show Special Caddy made by Brooklin.

The regular version is silver with chrome trim.

·
Premium Member
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaCustomizer said:
looks nice but it could use a little detail :( :freak: :drunk: :thumbsup: :p :rolleyes:
This car is from 1992 (14 years old).

It was made this way. If I added detail to the car, the value would decrease.

Red Test Shots made by RC2 in 1/64 scale aren't detailed either, but they are highly collectable and sell for big bucks.

Redline Hot Wheels from 1968 aren't detailed either, but they are highly sought after. Try finding a price for a Hot Wheels Beach Bomb ($$$$$$).

Current diecast cars are very detailed compared to diecast cars that were made as little as 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Found this one on their page:

It seems that the never versions are more detailed. But as you said Stutz, there isn't a strong connection between details and value. I like your black/gold combination!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
DaCustomizer said:
looks nice but it could use a little detail :( :freak: :drunk: :thumbsup: :p :rolleyes:
I think it looks fine the way it is. It has a certain "look" to it that too may details would destroy.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
well the only detail i was thinking was black holes on the wheels, or realistic wheels thats all over all the car is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

·
Premium Member
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Superbird77 said:
Found this one on their page:

It seems that the never versions are more detailed. But as you said Stutz, there isn't a strong connection between details and value. I like your black/gold combination!
The new Brooklins are a big improvement in details! Just like 1/64 the orignal Topper cars made by JL, the older, less detailed cars are more collectible and have a higher value.

The early Brooklins which were made in Canada, instead of England, where they are made now are not that detailed, but are very expensive to buy.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Cool - that black Eldo Brougham looks like the ultimate luxury ride. IMO it's the only car that deserves to have gold trim! One of my all-time dream cars. Thanks for posting the special version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts