66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A-TOWN TRACK UPDATE okay lets put some questions to rest

1) the track and hobbyshop are not located in the front of the plaza
My entrance is on the side of the building next to the skate park

2) i have no ploblems with permits i received them all thank you
]
3) 3000 square foot track

4) air hockey pooltable 5 arcades 2 tvs and xboxs seating for 50 or more pit tables

5) ventilation will be the best ever used and is in working progress wont be ready for opening week just electric racing

6) Finally to end on this note
Ive been working night and day for the last 3 weeks to make this one of the best o0k
and frank sure was nice seeing you and thanks for your reply
[/COLOR
]

·
Registered
637 Posts
You Going To Have A Rug To Race On???? Or Just Dirt?????
When Will It Be Open?????
What Classes Will Be Running.
Are You Going To Have Launch Ramps Or A Nice Rolling Ramps???
Dirt Is Dirty. You Have Lots Of Soap????

·
Registered
637 Posts
We Need A Rug Track In This Area. Do Rug.

Let Me Tell You That Dirt Is Free In Your Back Yard. No One Has A Rug That Big You Have To Go Somewhere To Race.

·
Registered
333 Posts
does he talk like this in person,lol?a more popular size track needs to be about twice the size.6300 ft gives you a 90x70 track.will the track be done before the offroad season starts?

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im doing dirt not carpet if carpet is your calling . freddies carpet track is open
hey junior shs you find a place and build a track 90 x 70 good luck on finding space at a good price 50 x 70 is good enough all i know is that ill be racing and having fun every night on my track which is big enough for indoors you want bigger go to browns enjoy the drive

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
just curious, are you building this track for yourself to race by yourself or do you want people on here to come race there? First off, there are a lot of people that are willing to drive over an hour to race. I do it every weekend because I like the track in Ashtabula and more importantly I like the people I'm spending the entire day racing with. So telling someone to go ahead and drive to Browns, well they just might, and it wouldn't be because of the track. Second, you have promised a lot and have continued to snap back at people for questioning the progress. Don't forget that the people you're talking to on here are your potential racers.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your right but i dont care where racers go as long as they are having fun period.
ill be just fine with a few racers i snap back cuz they dont realize the work that has been done alot of time and money im not trying to get rich just dont want to drive an hour away anymore local is better and i feel that there will be no competition when ive completed vienna nope ashtabula maybe but who knows maybe nobody shows still ill be having fun with the ones that do

·
Registered
938 Posts
a-town raceway said:
your right but i dont care where racers go as long as they are having fun period.
ill be just fine with a few racers i snap back cuz they dont realize the work that has been done alot of time and money im not trying to get rich just dont want to drive an hour away anymore local is better and i feel that there will be no competition when ive completed vienna nope ashtabula maybe but who knows maybe nobody shows still ill be having fun with the ones that do
Jefferson has one of the biggest turnouts in the area. People drive well over 2 hrs to race there. Why, because Ryan is one of the coolest track owners going right now. I also drove over an hour to vienna and they also put on a good show.

Looking for ways to compete with other tracks is no way of making this hobby grow. You can have as many tv's, game station's you want but if people are not having fun racing they will not be back. I'm all for more outlets for Rc racing but everybody tracks included need to work together.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i apolligize i hope that i can be a great owner like others you mentioned im working hard on completing the track the dirt is coming next week and hope to see a great turnout for rc racing

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:thumbsup: my track will open this sunday april 1st come check it out just electric im on the side of the wedgewood plaza look for the signs hope to see you there

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dan
Thanks for a fun day of racing Sunday!! See ya this Saturday!! Tell Jason I will be ready for him!!
Tom Zets -2W Truck A Main- 13 laps-4 Min. 47.110 sec.
Dan the Man - Owner!

Jason Markovich- 2W stock Buggy- 18 laps - 4 Min. 54.729 sec.

Josh Zalovcik - 4WD Electric- 18 laps- 4 Min. 54.123 sec.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts