Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! And here is one inspired by Sheldon. We often discuss the merits of opening panels (he prefers and I seldom do), but here is one we have always agreed on...the 1:64 scale 2002 GMP C5-R Corvette!

This GMP set was released with a beautiful team transporter and the two cars (#3 & 4)of the Pratt and Miller prepared Team Corvette. The cars are in the livery of the regular season (ALMS Series) but the names are based on the winning team of the then GTS category at the 2002 24 Hours of Le Mans.

What makes this odd to me is the car line up is based on the Le Mans roster, while the car number stayed regular ( Le Mans ran #63). But what the heck this is a great car.

I will let the photos speak for themselfs. Though I still would have preferred this casting with closed panels (as they seem to be a bit bulky) but the car still remains one of the finest examples of 1:64th engineering I have ever seen!

Have fun and thanks for the look. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Ward

The #4 with the transporter (sorry for the photo, shot through plexiglass)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Indeed one of my all time favorite 64th castings!!!

I wish they would have done more with these details/features/ subjects!!

Nice pix!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also surprised that we have not seen these castings used for any other releases. Though they are very specific, they could have been used to recreate several more races for the Corvettes that season, as well and accurate Le Mans livery.

I would guess that was quite a bit of tooling cost to yield such limited release options. I know the cars were available individually as well in small boxes, but I've no idea as to their production numbers.

Based on this car, I would like to see GMP try their hand at another 1:64 release. Maybe it's simply a dollar and cent's issue and this scale does not offer the investment return of their larger scales.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FANTASTIC!!! Are the wheels Greenlight? They are a wonderful choice, much better then the orgional. Also spill the goods on that seat belt! Where and what! Very nice work, thanks for postings the photos.

Ward

·
Registered
21 Posts
FANTASTIC!!! Are the wheels Greenlight? They are a wonderful choice, much better then the orgional. Also spill the goods on that seat belt! Where and what! Very nice work, thanks for postings the photos.

Ward
Hi Ward,

Thanks. Wheels came from a Kyosho C6R. Very easy to change. Seat Bealt is a 1/64 F1 decal.

Regards,
MCM

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I was gonna say the wheels look really sorta bad (maybe they're suposta look like that) and the door and hood gaps aren't pretty neither, then I saw MCM's wheel swap. What a difference!!!!
Nice job MCM!
Beauty-full pics as always Ward!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts