Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now fixed .

I always hated the rims on the mopar muscle magazine duster , one of the reasons I never got it til reciently , so the other day when I picked up some cars from Advanced on the cheap , I had got one of the muscle car series cougars on a bad card and figured I would just use the tires and rims for something .

I took a look thru my cases and the duster jumped out at me so I popped the wheels right off of that and stuck the cougars wheels on it and viola , instantly 100% better looking duster .

So I set the wheel-less cougar and the 4 tires and rims on the table and after admiring the duster now that it looked good , I put it back in the case and went and made my self a sandwich .

After I came back and sat down on the couch , I was into the game I was watching so I decided instead of going into the other room to pull out the box where I keep the spare parts , I would just slap the spare wheels on the cougar for now .

Then it hit me that these were the rims that belonged on the cougar in the first place

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I've always hated those wheels (they remind me of cheap walmart wheel covers) and they were especially uncalled for on that Duster. However,they do seem to look good on the Cougar.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I also swapped out the wheels on the Duster. I could never find a car that those wheels looked decent on though. Tried the Pontiac SSJ, Rivieras....but I think you've nailed it with the Cougar. They give the same look as the wheel covers I've seen in some of the old Ford advertising pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
First of all, I agree 100% that the original rims on the Duster were just WRONG! I like the substitutes! :thumbsup:
Second, not a big fan of the rims you put on the Cougar but after seeing your post with the old ad, I remembered the spoke rims on the Cougar and those are close.
Third, what kind of sandwich did you make? :p

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DadsCoronet said:
First of all, I agree 100% that the original rims on the Duster were just WRONG! I like the substitutes! :thumbsup:
Second, not a big fan of the rims you put on the Cougar but after seeing your post with the old ad, I remembered the spoke rims on the Cougar and those are close.
Third, what kind of sandwich did you make? :p
yeah I remeber when I was a kid , alot of fords and mercurys from the late 60's up to the mid 70's with those wire hub caps thats what reminded me of it .

sammitch - stone ground wheat bread , mequite smoked turkey , lettuce , munster cheese and brown mustard , sorry I don't have a picture of it ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts