Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local Greatland this morning, like most mornings, and ran into another JL collector buddy. He hands me a 10th anni Corvette Gran Sport that he has as an extra (way cool). Right then they unlock the doors and we go in not really expecting much, this store is usually not that great for JL product. We're also wondering where the rest of the usual crowd is, we turn out to be the only ones headed to the back!????! So, we hit the diecast aisle and I notice that they, finally, put up some JL cars, from the C.A.R.S. assortment. I start going through one of the pegs expecting my friend to hit one of the others but he doesn't, he actually lets me have first crack at it all! What a guy! I go through the first peg and find the Hurst Olds. On to the next peg, all the while my buddy is going through all the Clue cars that have been sitting there since the store did its reset, and lo and behold, there sits the Lightning Strike 2004 Chevy SSR with this white base and interior staring me in the face. WOO HOO! A few more cars and, what is this?, another Corvette Gran Sport! WOWWEE!
Knowing that my friend already had the SSR whitie, as if I'd give it up anyway, I offer him the Olds and the 'Vette and he graciously declines while congratulating me on my luck. Well, since I didn't want to be too greedy, diecast karma you know, I hung the Olds back up so that somebody else could have a crack at finding, at least, this goody along with the rest of the other vehicles.
All in all, not a bad morning in the OC.

-Charlie-

Hmmm, can't get the "Smilies" to work this morning. Internet Explorer Script Error, oh well minor detail. Later all!

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
great story!

sometimes things in die-cast land go right.

hope u know about the WL's in the C.G. series with that Olds... kinda hard to spot... the WL Olds has dark tinted windows instead of clear and a bright white interior instead of off-white/cream...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pablodragon said:
great story!
sometimes things in die-cast land go right.
hope u know about the WL's in the C.G. series with that Olds... kinda hard to spot... the WL Olds has dark tinted windows instead of clear and a bright white interior instead of off-white/cream...
Thanks for the info but this one was standard issue, even so I've seen these still being bidded up over $10.00 on the 'Bay. :eek:
-Charlie-

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
steve45fla said:
great finds my friend i spent the morning at kmart brand x day getting lots of cars to trade for jls hehehe
Thank you, thank you, OOOH I hope you did REAL good! :thumbsup:
Also hope you've been keepin' higher and dryer lately. :D
Oh yeah, almost forgot, CONGRATS, belatedly, on attaining Elder Statesmanship there Steve. :thumbsup:
-Charlie-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts