Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought 4 JLs w/ BIN from a 'bay seller. ChiTown Hustler BWF, '50 Merc Woody PIP, '95 Caprice JLPD Cruiser, and the '70 Road Runner from Ad Rods, release 4.
I freed all 4 and when I took the Road Runner out of its cage, I noticed the tires said 'White Lightning'. Looked underneath, white bottom! Holy smacks!

That's about the third time I got a WL without the seller describing the car as one. (no, I'm NOT disappointed!) A few weeks ago I bought the yellow Dart and had it sent to CJTORINO. Chuck pm'd me and tells me it's a WL!! A few years ago I bought the Black Beauty - it arrived w/ white interior and white rims. Maybe some 'bay sellers don't know or don't care. Seems I have better luck 'scoring' WLs from the 'bay rather than the pegs! :p :) :p :hat:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
That's a great way to score a WHITE!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wow Mark, way to go!! This has only happened to me once. Bought a lot of 6 cars from a guy a couple of years ago and this came as a surprise

The pics he used in his listing were pretty bad so I really couldn't tell before I bought them. :wave:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Nice ebay get Mark! I haven't had anything like that happen to me yet, but it must be cool getting one when you least expect it. Not to mention you can do the WL dance in the privacy of you own home and not get strange looks from peolpe. :lol:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thanks again Mark! That Dart was a great surprise, TWICE!
when I received it in the mail, it kinda shocked me, because people dont
send me stuff un-announced.
I thought it looked terrific, and hung it up on my tower of cars in the toyroom.
then about a week later I was in my room looking at something, and found myself drawn to the Dart that you had sent to me,
and the Bottom is White, it has whitewalls, and it just stunned me.
The best kind of white lightning, a gift from a fellow collector. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Nice, Mark! Hasn't happened to me yet, but I imagine lots of sellers don't realize what they have. I imagine lots of buyers don't know, too. Think about how many great whites have ended up in ther hands of some 2 year old brat because their mommy bought it for them for Christmas. *shudders*

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I got a wl by surprise about 3 weeks ago from the bay.I bought a lot of cars just to get the cuda and ended up getting a wl mustang by surprise. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts