Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a way to save money on buying New Kits.If you have aquired a large model collection over the years as I have.Try talking to a local Hobby shop and if you want something new see maybe if you can trade some of your older vintage kits for it.First and foremost I do model building and buying for myself.I have found a few stores that I have traded with and its worked out for me over the years.Over the past 2 weeks with some older Star Trek kits from Ertl I was able to aquire 2 of the Big Moebius Seaviews and 1 smaller 1/350 Seaview in just trading kits.It will depend on the dealer and what your willing to trade away.But if you have the kits you can work it to your advantage to trading some away to save money on buying other kits you want,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I wish I could do that, but I'm not sure any of the shops around here would be up for that. But hey, you never know!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
I'll ask, but I think HiWay Hobby wants to make money to pay their property taxes and stuff. :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're in with Hi Way Hobby John so they may trade with you.Last year I saw an AMT/Ertl Enterprise D(Original)going for $70.00 there.Thats collectable prices,They sell collectable models and they need someone to get them from somewhere.As I said some Hobby Dealers want vintage kits and they do sell and make money on them.As I said its worked well for me.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I've done trades in the past - usually you can get more trade value than an outright purchase. They will usually give more since you will be getting stuff from their shop. Win-win situation!!!
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts