Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read the recent threads and posts here and on many other boards, I believe I may have the answer to all of these issues...... bear with me.

RC2 is dumping lines that they say aren't profitable, right? So far, JL has made the cut.

So far.

They've also made it clear that the infant and child market is where their main success/profit is generated, right?

So, here's the answer to saving the future for our Johnnie's:

Let's all unite and make a public deal with RC2.

If they agree to not drop Johnny Lightning, we'll agree that for every three Johnnie's we buy, we'll each buy one Thomas the Train piece. They keep our favorite die cast line open, and we contribute to their profit center.

Is this a bit like extortion? Heck ya, but they've kinda got us by the jewels, no? This way, we have a little leverage to ensure a future for our favorite brand.

New Motto: Save a Johnny, buy a train :hat: :cool: :wave:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Rich, your plan just might work....

......only if they make chase train variations. :D

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
If that's the solution to saving Johnny Lightning Rich, I have to add this to the solution.

The only way that this will work is if RC2 makes a box set with 3 JL cars and 1 Thomas the Train item in it. That way RC2 will be sure to sell what you are suggesting. WOW!......Maybe I can find a White Lightning Thomas the Train! :p

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
MudSlinger said:
I can see it now..."Loose Thomas the train box #1"
No telling what it might bring on the 'Bay! :p

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Well, it might work at first. But sooner or later, we will be mad at all the "CLUE" series trains overunning the pegs!

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's apparent to me, that RC2 has always planned to drop the JL line completely, when they bought the JL line. They have continued to ignore the Collector Club Members for almost 2x years now. RC2 has intentionally refused to issue or come out w/a current NEWSFLASH. They have made massive price hikes of sometimes over $5.00, for a car. Distribution of finding a JL in the store, is the biggest joke of all! Distribution of mixed lines is really a stupid idea too (due to the fact you have to make 50x trips to the store to complete a set, if at all). Continually, dropping certain JL lines last year, didn't help at all too. If you advertise something to come out in the near future, you don't continually cancel it. The customer service is extremely lacking also. When you ask for info on getting them to return a certain JL line, they never follow-up w/an answer. If anyone thinks that RC2 is sincere w/intentions to keep JL alive, you are evidently living in a fantasy world. It's really a shame, because JL's have been my favorite since the WILLYS GASSER line.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scrambler81 said:
Just in case this ain't a joke: Keep in mind that one Thomas piece costs more than three Johnny Lightnings. :(
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
No wonder it's a profitable line!!!!!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Boston Matt said:
I think Thomas the Train is doing OK without us.
Yeah I remember buying tons of those trains when my son was small. He played with them for endless hours.

Where the hell are all those trains now I wonder?

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
crnichols said:
It's apparent to me, that RC2 has always planned to drop the JL line completely, when they bought the JL line. They have continued to ignore the Collector Club Members for almost 2x years now. RC2 has intentionally refused to issue or come out w/a current NEWSFLASH.
Um, the Newsflash was cancelled a few months ago and now the Johnny Lightning Collector Club is completely online and the newsletter is the BOLT. Its even free to register for.

crnichols said:
They have made massive price hikes of sometimes over $5.00, for a car.
Where did you find a price hike of $5.00 for one car? That would mean you are paying like $8.00 per car... or did you mean price increse to $5.00 per car - which again, you shop the wrong places, that would be the store stealing your money, not RC2/JL

crnichols said:
Distribution of finding a JL in the store, is the biggest joke of all! Distribution of mixed lines is really a stupid idea too (due to the fact you have to make 50x trips to the store to complete a set, if at all).
The big stores ASKED for the assortments, that is how they prefer to get cars. Again, if its a problem with you, you need to complain to the store, not RC2/JL

crnichols said:
Continually, dropping certain JL lines last year, didn't help at all too. If you advertise something to come out in the near future, you don't continually cancel it.
I agree with you on this one

crnichols said:
The customer service is extremely lacking also. When you ask for info on getting them to return a certain JL line, they never follow-up w/an answer.
Who are you talking to? Those poor ladies on the Customer Help line? They have no idea what is planned and they don't know the developers either, they aren't even in the same city. I have found them to be helpful with the general type of question they are there to answer. And I have to think that Mac and the guys at headquarters have more than enough to do than to respond to the hundreds of requests they get for everybody's favorite series to return

crnichols said:
If anyone thinks that RC2 is sincere w/intentions to keep JL alive, you are evidently living in a fantasy world. It's really a shame, because JL's have been my favorite since the WILLYS GASSER line.
I am not an RC2/JL cheerleader, I know they have problems and I am just as concerned about what they actually plan to do with the company, but it looks to me like most of your complaints are either 6 months out of date or your contact for complaints is not the person you should be talking to.

You know, you have made 13 posts in over 4 years and 12 of them are just negative complaining without any constructive suggestions. Maybe that is why RC2/JL won't give you an answer?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Where did you find a price hike of $5.00 for one car? That would mean you are paying like $8.00 per car... or did you mean price increse to $5.00 per car - which again, you shop the wrong places, that would be the store stealing your money, not RC2/JL
Unfortunately $5 per car (that includes the tax) is what I may be charging at shows this year for new JLs due to the price increase. I'm still trying to work it out but if that's what it comes to I won't be selling many new JLs this year. :cry:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I didn't know they needed saving. When did that happen? There are other brands hanging around that will quickly disappear (not off the shelves, but out of existence), but I don't think Johnnies are going anywhere except home with the buyers.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
Unfortunately $5 per car (that includes the tax) is what I may be charging at shows this year for new JLs due to the price increase. I'm still trying to work it out but if that's what it comes to I won't be selling many new JLs this year. :cry:
Why not, the new packaging is awesome looking, the cars ar very nice, and who's their competition?
If you're selling at a show, your competition is WalMart, at $3.96 each.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
air_cooled65 said:
Rich, your plan just might work....

......only if they make chase train variations. :D
They do: Christmas ones and Spectraflame ones. They also have Target exclusives. I buy them for my son, and he's got tons of them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts