Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this could go on the Moebius forum,but I guess it's a lesson to all of us modelers when working with small awkward parts,if not feel free to move this.:p. I had just entered the finishing stages of my model.Everything was illuminated,well painted (I think) and sealed,I even custom built a ceiling over the control area when..........The spiral stairway came undone. And after trying to adjust it for regluing,the whole thing fell over. After spending some time adjusting it (very hard to grip onto with tweezers) I finally got it into place,remember this was all done from the front opening area. The moral of the story....make sure things are glued well in tiny places.... :freak:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Perhaps this could go on the Moebius forum,but I guess it's a lesson to all of us modelers when working with small awkward parts,if not feel free to move this.:p. I had just entered the finishing stages of my model.Everything was illuminated,well painted (I think) and sealed,I even custom built a ceiling over the control area when..........The spiral stairway came undone. And after trying to adjust it for regluing,the whole thing fell over. After spending some time adjusting it (very hard to grip onto with tweezers) I finally got it into place,remember this was all done from the front opening area. The moral of the story....make sure things are glued well in tiny places.... :freak:
Sounds good to me, and advice well taken.

It's always good to try to learn by others mistakes or mishaps.

It can save a lot of time and frustration in the future. :freak:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sorry about your problem. I didn't glue the bottom half of the bow in. I used white glue and then filled the seams with the same. it's not perfect, but I can get in there and fix stuff if needed.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts