Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Rookie moves on to the Mummy and Iron Man

After building the Invisible Man, this relative newcomer to advanced figure kits has moved on to the Mummy and Iron Man. Loved both kits, especially the Mummy. Borrowed its paint scheme from Dave's instructions and several online builds. The green cobra (which probably doesn't exist in nature) was my 11-year-old daughter's idea. I keep learning and having fun. Thanks again, Moebius!

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Very nice build ups PF! Love the way your mummy turned out! And the green snake looks FINE! The colors you chose on the sarcophagus look great!

IRON MAN turned out nice as well...but I'm more of a Monster guy! :)

MMM

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
That sarcophagus really pops, doesn't it. I love the red on the lotus blossums. The bright colors on the lid provide a nice contrast to the dusty occupant.
Cool!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I guess after 3 or 4 Moebius kits, one is no longer a "rookie," but given the great builds on this board, all of us have something to shoot for. (I'd settle for getting all the seams out--just once!). Will say that one thing I appreciate about Moebius kits is that the average hobbyist with a knife, a tube of glue, and some paint can make them look fairly good.

This is too long already, but just a shout out to Lou. Used to live in Raleigh. Bought my Auroras at a hobby shop in North Hills Mall.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Well they look superb to me! I enjoyed viewing your other builds as well, some really nice work inthere. The Stoker Knight and Bat are awesome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts