Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this kit made by Aoshima:

Looking at the box art, I decided to light it. (Whether correct or not, that's the fun of Modeling)

A couple of more shots:

I used blue Leds and warm white Leds for the lighting. I always light my models using a transformer, so I can plug them into the wall and not have to worry about batteries and battery wear.

A fun build. I thought I'd do something different with the kit.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Nice work on a unique subject, iriseye! I've been to the IPMS Nationals and WonderFest, and it's always a hoot to walk into the contest rooms at these events. You can spot the Sci-Fi model tables immediately, because of all the flashing lights. It looks like a fire or murder took place over there, with all the red, blue, and white lights strobing away!

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work on a unique subject, iriseye! I've been to the IPMS Nationals and WonderFest, and it's always a hoot to walk into the contest rooms at these events. You can spot the Sci-Fi model tables immediately, because of all the flashing lights. It looks like a fire or murder took place over there, with all the red, blue, and white lights strobing away!
Now that you mentioned WonderFest, I'm surprised Want-A-Fest isn't mentioned anywhere in these Forums (at least that I could find).

But it seems you're correct. The top 3 winners in the Spacecraft category (Want-a-Fest) were all lighted models. I wonder what this says about the future of modeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts