Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the aussie dollar doing well I bit the bullit and ordered the Iron Man and the Invisable man kits.

So my question is this... How hard is it as a kit to modify Iron Man?? Because l really like the walking pose on the box art and I've seen what some of you blokes have done with yours and l know my skills aren't to shabby but...

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Alec.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Iron Man is very easy to adjust. You are helped by the subject matter as well as
how the parts are laid out.

I was not thrilled with his static pose either and I turned his head slightly to the left as if he has just noticed something... it made a a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iron Man is very easy to adjust. You are helped by the subject matter as well as
how the parts are laid out.

I was not thrilled with his static pose either and I turned his head slightly to the left as if he has just noticed something... it made a a big difference.
Thanks for the tip. I guess it's just a confidence thing.

Cheers,

Alec.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If you want to do the box walking pose it might be as simple as just slightly moving one arm and leg forward, and one arm and leg slightly backward. Just dry fit the parts and tape them together and see if it works. But remove/don't use all of the large connectors of the parts, because if you do need to adjust the pose a bit more the connectors will probably stop you unless they are not there when you try fitting the parts together.

I had to do a bit of putty work because I wanted to move the parts just a slight bit more than from their original assembly position, but that was easy and after sanding it's not noticeable at all.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. :)

All the tips are noted. :thumbsup: Thats whats wonderfull about our world and its technology regarding our hobbies... We are thousand of Kms apart yet help is as close as next door. I've also discovered the older I get the more adventurous I get...:p

Cheers,

Alec

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Alec,
the hip and the shoulder are the trickiest bits to move and even those aren't impossible. the neck, knee and elbow are actually quite easy. the ankle and wrist are somewhere in between.

the waist shouldn't be attempted unless you have a spare :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
G'day Alec.

Iron Man is pretty close to a snap kit. The parts hold together without any glue, and it even stands up without its base.

The arms and legs are held to the body with "I" frames with locating pins. here's a closeup.

It would be fairly simple to trim down those connectors and repose the figure.

Glenn :)

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Glenn :)

The pictures are a big help in my deciding on a pose. I was scanning through the dvd again last night and I found the scene I plan (hope) to replicate.

As Lou suggest I think I'll leave the waist alone. :drunk: the hips don't look to difficult to shift one leg a tad, the shoulder might be a challenge but not impossible and the fist should be a simple fix too.

Cheers,

Alec.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
terrific! I've been hoping that someone would do that pose! Even if you have to use the open hand, it should still be pretty effective

·
Registered
17 Posts
Who told you guys of what I was going to do? Got another kit, some tiny tubing, the LEDs, wiring schematics and some still shots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts