Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
Poseidon said:
There's an elegance about the Enterprise from the Kirk era that the other generations failed to capture. I think the refit is beautiful, but I never did care for the look of the engines. They are boring. I've always thought they look like a vacuum cleaner attachment - the one that lets you get into tight spaces.

LMAO. Vacuum cleaner.... :lol:
I agree with you on this. They looked very dull, and I always liked the thought of the front lighting up like you see im most ST craft. Gives it a look of power. On the old "E" the engine nacelles were awsum and the way they had them lit and worked made the ship. the newer ones are great as well, but now that the CGI has come into play, they have that Cload effect that ticks me off in trying to duplicate in a model. They look look great, don't get me wrong. But wouldn't it be cool to have a starship design showed on TV that had the original rotating nacelles with the blinking lights in the back? A newer or different design. Maybe even in the TNG era? :cool:

· Registered
758 Posts
Bay7 said:
Please forgive the crude-ness of the attached image - I've fiddled with the un-finshed PII miniature picture to see what red or blue engines look like - red looks best - blue is horrible!!!

Mike
I am wondering, in a book I have called Ships of Star Fleet, it shows different conversions. And one looks like this. Did they use the design from Phase 2 in this book as well? I noticed that the original Constitution class is also in this book, and in keeping up with designs, they added an updated design that is exact to the AMT/ERTL 18" Enterprise model that was produced. At least I think it is exact. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.