Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this packaging oddball for a few years, but I just put two and two together and realized that I have access to a whole bunch of experts here on HobbyTalk who know a lot about these things (as opposed to yours truly, who is truly a novice!). The card clearly says "1962 Chevy Bubble Top", but the car itself is just as clearly a 1970 Chevelle SS convertible! I'm a Chevy guy and once owned a '70 Chevelle (a wagon), so I would have bought this one regardless of the packaging error, but I'd like to know how rare this sort of thing is and if it adds anything to it's value. I can vouch for the fact that I bought it off the rack as you see it and the package doesn't appear to have been tampered with. Any information would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

(BTW, on the subject of the '70 Chevelle wagon I once owned, does anyone on here have the HW version of that car from a couple of years ago in blue that they would be willing to part with? I have it in gold, but I've only seen photos of the blue one... My car was blue!)

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Hi Jim, legitimate packaging errors are certainly not unheard of, but they don't really add any particular value to the car. Unless you find someone who thinks it's really cool and is willing to pay a premium for it. Not only that, but packaging errors are always suspect for reasons you're aware of... Even errors on the cars themselves can be a hard sell, because there are so many of them now with missing parts or whatever.

Btw, I think I have one of those blue wagons floating around out of package, if this is the one you're referring to.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response, buddy! That's about what I thought, but at the same time I wanted to hear it from guys who know more about this sort of thing than I do. I collect the cars I like for just that reason, not for future investment value. I have the '62 Chevy Bubbletop mentioned on the card in about 5 different color schemes because I really like the car.

As for the blue '70 Chevelle wagon: Yep, that's it! My car was very nearly the same shade of blue, and at one point I was even considering adding the SS-style stripes too!

·
Registered
915 Posts
This is the only packaging error I ever was excited to find as it is The Vette TH from 06.

I was looking for a Dart 5sp, never found one. But, this one did have five spokes on a Dart card LOL

[IMG-LEFT]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/Kronoprime/Hot%20Wheels%20II/050.jpg[/IMG-LEFT]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts