Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'll believe it when I see it!

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a PS style Protoceratops (Update 4/12/07)

On the way is a PS style Protoceratops resin kit created to fit into the scene itself. It's soon to be a reality! I'm taking a poll to see who'd be in favor of owning one! This will be a PS kit that will include a retro style nameplate. To make it a go, I'll need a least 20 committed, More would be even better.
Chris Lynch is sculpting and Alchemy would be casting it up.
Other info will follow!! As will other kits.....

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Ditto Dr. Brad. Price would be my biggest influence, but it does interest me.
Dabbler

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'd like to keep the price down if I could. But, like you said, its a resin reproduction. I have no info as to what the price would be. All I can show you is the drawing before the Final cut. Mike at Alchemy does a fantastic job of casting. Chris will do a great job of sculpting!
Here's a link. Some very little change has been made to the dino.
The base will fit in the opened area by the N man, C man, Giant bird and Mammoth.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
PRE-SCENES 2 said:
I'd like to keep the price down if I could. But, like you said, its a resin reproduction. I have no info as to what the price would be. All I can show you is the drawing before the Final cut. Mike at Alchemy does a fantastic job of casting. Chris will do a great job of casting!
Here's a link. Some very little change has been made to the dino.
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=protoprotozz6.jpg
the base will fit in the opened area by the N man, C man, Giant bird and Mammoth.
It does look like it will be a nice kit! Any guesstimates as to the actual length of the dino. And here's an idea. Assuming that it's even possible, what about selling the protoceratops without the base?

Brad.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Or maybe take orders both ways. I personaly don't have or want the entire layout, (I build my own bases) but some do. But that's just a suggestion, I may or may not get one, depending. ??

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dr. Brad said:
It does look like it will be a nice kit! Any guesstimates as to the actual length of the dino. And here's an idea. Assuming that it's even possible, what about selling the protoceratops without the base?

Brad.
Hmmmm!
Break up the marriage?
I'll show pics of the prototype when finished and post the price. I'll even find out IF Mike will cast some without bases

Protoceratops itself will be around 5 1/2" by 2". Maybe one or more babies and several eggs.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I bought kits from Mike Evans before and the castings are always of high quality as for the New Ps scene your doing Steve it will be a great asset to the line and and definitly will buy one maybe even two from ya :thumbsup: :) .

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Aurora-brat said:
Depending on the price and quality of the castings, I would certainly be interested.

Please keep us posted.

Tory
Tory,I have the lost Aurora PS scenes Stegosaurus that Mike Evans at Alchemy reissued again with a base and a baby steg and the casting job that Mike did on it is Fantastic :thumbsup: !

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike is suppose to have the finest equipment in pressure casting. This is to help eliminate bubbles and get a good clean model.
I too have the Steg from Alchemy and it is absolutley flawless! :thumbsup:

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
I am almost surely to get one if it happens. I like the idea of the base which fits in with the others. I am anxious to see what the kit looks like when completed. The sketch looks great! I like the lurking dino giving the nest of eggs the hairy eyeball. Great idea!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update on the Proto:
I'd say about 80% complete with a few minor changes
Has moveable head (side to side), jaw, legs

Sorry no photos yet!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
thats a pretty cool lookin kit...but price is a definate concern...and i wont be done with the project that im working on for a long while...so it will be a bit before im ready to buy anything not related to my current project...like i said though...nice lookin kit...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ditto on intrest but like everyone $s would be a major factor with my wife now having the majority vote in the Congress. Her spending priority is way diferent then mine ya see. Dollars for food, rent and utilities insurance... Mine of course is (as she puts it) ugly junks of plastic and more ugly and more ug..... Don't you have enough ugly plastic? Yeah, I know she's crazy how could you ever have enough Fantastic junks of plastic.LOL

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
LT Firedog said:
Her spending priority is way diferent then mine ya see. Dollars for food, rent and utilities insurance...
Funny thing, that. My wife keeps talking about wanting to get useless stuff like furniture. Clearly her priorities are all messed up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts