Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" A Proper Attitude "

Just take a look at how changing out the over used Big Tire/Little Tire setup and replacing it with a more sensible one, completely transforms this HW 1970 Chevelle Wagon.
HW's Designers, I hope you are listening.

This picture displays a couple of points,

The Chevele on the left now looks bigger, bolder, ready to go and loses the factory pinched off look of the one on the right.

All the body lines are now level, Roof, Windows, Lower Edge and Hood, all level and straight. Serious business, no fooling around.

All this done with a simple wheel swap to same size wheels all the way around, and without altering the base or axle channels.

Do you guys remember the Red/White/Blue Camaros in the Baggies from KayBees several years ago?
I bought over 400 of them, for the wheels, as KayBees were going out of business here in Houston. I cleaned out all the KayBees in Houston. I think they were 67 cents each.
These are wheels from that car.
The axles had to be cut down to fit the Chevelle base but the car rolls just like factory wheels.

The more I work with these Chevelle Wagons the more I like them.
Carl gave me a call yesterday to say a WalMart near me had just put out a large Dump Bin and he had picked up several Wagons for me but knew there were more.
I drove over there tonight and there must have been 3000 cars in the Dump Bin.
I raked off the top 1/3 into 3 shopping baskets and forced myself to quit at 30 Chevelle Wagons and 30 of the new Yellow Redline Racing Series Dairy Delivery's.
I'll go back Monday to try and score another 30 Chevelle Wagons.

On a side note,
As I was setting up this shot I swapped the position of the 2 factory cars a couple of times to see if lighting was causing them to look like different colored paintjobs.
Turns out they are different colored.

One is a Champagne Bronze and the other is Pale Gold.
Now, Variations don't mean anything to me.
This is what I tell people who help me gather specific castings, that I don't care what color they are, they all go in the Stripper.
But, some of you collectors might be interested to know these are released in different colors that are more extreme than just slightly different shades.

The two cars pictured here are already drilled out, stripped and body prepped.
They'll soon be up on the boards wearing new paint and Far Out Flames.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Your so right on this observation Pat, that improved car really does look that much better. Amazing how leveling the body lines pulls this casting together! Thanks for the comparison pics.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your so right on this observation Pat, that improved car really does look that much better. Amazing how leveling the body lines pulls this casting together! Thanks for the comparison pics.
Where yat Ward,
It really does make a dramatic change when same size tires are put all the way around on this casting.

I've got a couple of other comparison threads to post up.

Looks great Great touch.

Im so tired of the simple 5sp wheel that Mattel uses.

Thanks, I agree Liv N Low,
At least Mattel hasn't brought back any of their goofy wheels they had in the past.
Not really sure what they can do at the moment as an improvement over this 5 spoke since whatever they make and use on mainline cars is going to have the hole in the middle of the rim.
As long as we all wish for better wheels, Mattel knows we have to buy their more expensive cars to get them.

Great wheel choice Pat!

Thanks James,
I've been sorting out boxes and boxes in the Garage of Real Riders and other castings purchased just for the wheels.
Got a few other choices to show soon as I take pics,

Thanks Everyone,
I'll show pics of one of these with the factory wheels Customized completely covered in my Custom Cut Chrome Center Caps for that Bonneville Salt Flats look.

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should post this on Hotwheels.com on their custom board. That`s where the HW designers are.
Myself and many others won't even visit that Custom Board.

But, you're welcome to copy it if it will make you happy.
Go right ahead, with my blessings.

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts