Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home from work last night, my wife told me I needed to go back out. Two blocks from home is a yard sale. On the front table, by the street, she says are a bunch of toy cars. Classic cars, she says, but she doesn't know what kinds or how many or how much. So we go take a look. They are still setting up, so I come back in the morning.

I wish I had more money to spend. Hot Wheels, Racing champions, Franklin Mint (I think). 1/64's up to 1/24's. None of the Hot Wheels were of real interest to me. Left them. Same for the racing champions. There were a couple of JL's (including a 1970 Cougar that was just painful to leave behind...Sorry Harold!). But the 1:24's were nice. There were four of these Elky's. I want the other two. They had some Mustangs, some Chevelles., stuff like that.

These two Jada's came home with me (The Hot Wheels Elky is just there for scale):

Fuzzy Dice on the mirrors!

There are a couple of minor issues. The black one is missing one of the side mirrors, a lot of the chrome has flaked off, and the bed cover on the red one has a light-colored area where the price tag was. I'm guessing they've put them up for sale in the past, and stored them someplace sunny. Still, I love these two cars. I wish I could go clean out the rest of their 1:24's.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$5 each. Less than a new one, maybe a bit more than I would have paid if I had not been as rushed this morning. Still, I did haggle them down a little bit.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Some say 'many '59 cars were over done and gaudy, Chevs included.
I think differently.
Especially a lowered '59-'60 ElCamino with skirts.
I think they're very slick, and sexy, with many very sharp details.
The the dash and especially the steering wheels were just incredible looking!!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He says he'll have a booth set up at a "flea market" on the edge of town next weekend with more stuff. I might tool on by.

But I'll be a little more picky, and make sure that anything else I buy from him actually have both mirrors and all the chrome still chrome colored.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some say 'many '59 cars were over done and gaudy, Chevs included.
I think differently.
Especially a lowered '59-'60 ElCamino with skirts.
I think they're very slick, and sexy, with many very sharp details.
The the dash and especially the steering wheels were just incredible looking!!!
I agree. The first time I saw a '59 Nomad, I knew I was in love.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts