Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question!! Got together with carnut Thursday afternoon to do a little hunting. On his way to CT, Rich had stopped by the hobby shop where HobbyRI works to pick up an order of mine. He handed me the bag of the 7 cars I ordered but it didn't stop there. He pulls out the BWF '32 Ford Roadster from Hot Rod Magazine and asks me if I have one. I tell him I do. He says as he hands it to me, "Good. Now you have the White Lightning version." Next, he hands over the '72 Chevelle and '70 442 BWFs and the '56 Nomad BWF from ThunderWagons. OK, it doesn't stop there. He hands me a Motormax '71 Impala BWF - amazing! And then, Rich finishes his RAOKfest with a Johnny Retro '69 Camaro RS/SS vert - SWEET color on that ride! :cool: HOLY BWF, Batman! :eek: :eek:
After we left the hunting grounds (where we both picked up some RAOK material) we went for some beers and dinner. Even though I managed to swipe the check out of his hand, Rich paid for the whole shootin' match.
You're one heckuva guy, Mr. Nut. One of the good ones! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
You know that's the only way we can get others to play with Rich. To make him give away his toys to them!

Sounds like a great time guys. Wish I lived closer to a few fellow JL collectors, it would be fun!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
.. you guys had one heck of a day..!!..some very nice RAOKs there from a great Hobbytalker ...one of our favs...carnut...!!..thanks for sharing DadsCoronet.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This is what its all about my friends......We need more of this....Collectors collecting, all the guys in my club look at the JL's first so they can put them on the bay and make money.......My friends, thats not what collecting is all about.....

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
69Stang said:
You know that's the only way we can get others to play with Rich. To make him give away his toys to them!
Flattery didn't do it, so I had to resort to bribery. :p

Actually, Mark is only telling half of the story.

We met up in a parking lot, and the first thing he does is greet me with a bag full of goodies himself! He had Johnnies, and Greenlights, and I can't even remember what else, but suffice to say I got the better end of this deal.

We then headed off to our favorite "secret" hunting ground in eastern CT. Well, not so secret after our discussing the place here a few times and some "lurkers" looking in have apparently found the place as well. The shop is where I found the infamous Mobil Station, and once had an impressive array of older Johnnies, now very much picked over. The upside to that is that the owner saw fit to order some new Johnnies, and had just gotten in an order of MONC's, and other brand new releases. I had just found a few at HobbyRI's shop that morning but I still snagged a Gold Series red '71 RoadRunner!

After that, we treated ourselves to a return visit to "Hank's Restaurant". Mark insisted I partake of some beverage, and I felt I had no choice. :) The waitress who had threatened us with a beating by wooden spoon last visit was off, so we were treated to a younger lass who's specialty was harrassing an old regular (my new "old" friend Russ :wave: ) about being so angry (actually, the guy was barely displaying signs of a pulse! :p ).

I had promised Mark a bunch of BWF's a while back, and threw my extra's in a box which we went through together, and he snagged just three out of roughly two dozen that I brought. We spent the next two hours figuring out which ones I said I had but failed to bring with me :lol:

I have to add here that I am very concerned about my memory at this age, because when Mark first stepped out of his car I said: "Damn, I don't remember you being quite so ugly!" :p

He then asked me if I was in the mood for a good Hot Dog. :tongue:

Getting to meet several area Hobby Talkers this past year has been probably the best part of this board for me, and I love getting together with guys like Mark, Bill, and Dave. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Boys will be boys! Sounds like a great get-together and exchange. What could be better; Good friends, good food, and Johnny's???????

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Even though I managed to swipe the check out of his hand, Rich paid for the whole shootin' match.
Ummmmm..... I have a different recollection of this event, in which we both stared at the bill on the bar and then tried to get Russ to pay it! :p

No way was I gonna let Mark pick up this one, after he treated me to the first one. He actually did grab it from me and we did have a little wrestling match to get it back.

*did you feel a little "spark" there too, big fella? :drunk: :p *

This guy takes a lot of ribbing from us, but he's as stand-up a guy as you could ever hope to meet. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(There Mark, I said it. Now gimme back the bowl of popcorn!)

·
Registered
999 Posts
carnut2256 said:
*did you feel a little "spark" there too, big fella? :drunk: :p *
This was a great, feel-good thread until you added that part, Rich!

WAY too much information!

Other than that, sounds like a good time - I'm a little jealous.

Mike

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
MissouriMike said:
This was a great, feel-good thread until you added that part, Rich!

WAY too much information!

Other than that, sounds like a good time - I'm a little jealous.

Mike
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I have to say that having met Bill (dadvball) and Dave (Daveanto_364) last year, meeting Mark this year has been as good a thing for me.

Great people on this board.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
carnut2256 said:
I have to say that having met Bill (dadvball) and Dave (Daveanto_364) last year, meeting Mark this year has been as good a thing for me.

Great people on this board.
We owe it all to you Rich. You were the one that got us together in the first place to sign Ginger and Maryanne. I for one enjoy getting together with you and Dave, and having met so many others at Johnny Jam. This really is a great place with great people.

Oh yeah, Rich called me from the CT hobby store he and Mark were in, just to ask which MB 'Vette I was still looking for. (It's the black Superfast chase car from '04 in case anyone has one to get rid of :lol: ) It's not the first time and won't be the last that he's thinking about what somebody else is looking for. Thanks Rich!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Mark did the first call, to ask Mike Murray (70XR7) if he were looking for a particular car. I was just trying to keep up with him :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts