Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep i found this restarant a a thrift store for one little 1.00. Atlanta georgia!!!!! lets eat a burger guys for 15 cents!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
That is really cool! I worked at a McDonalds when I was 18 back in '72. I have a picture floating around here somewhere of me and a friend sitting on the sign. It was a great place to work then and it's where I met my wife. Actually, today is our 33rd anniversary.

In 1972
Hamburger - $.20
Cheeseburger- $.25
French Fries - $.20

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Nice find for a buck.
I have all three in that series, and they were
alot more than that new. more like twenty bucks each or so,
fifteen years ago. nice stuff, great pictures,too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys , and the other guy congrads to your annaversary! hey what does the other 2 in the series look like???? this is very interesting...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
thanks guys , and the other guy congrads to your annaversary! hey what does the other 2 in the series look like???? this is very interesting...
The second one has indoor seating. it is slightly larger, with a different sign.
the third one in the series is a Seventies Brick design, more like what you see in a McDonalds today. all three have the same illumination system, just a light bulb in the back of the building, but every one of them look great with
1/64 diecast cars.

a shot of the second one in the series:

I need to dig them all out and take a few pictures.
Like I said though, the one you bought very cheap was the first one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats beautiful buddy!! i tell you in georgia you can find stuff for cheap or free, you can ride the the roads here for a little while and find vauable hot wheels and tonkas and older toys thrown away on the side of the road. just the other day i brought the g.i joe 1960s jeep and mistle sitting on the trailer that everyones looking for !! at the flea market for 1.00 ! ill show you the picture soon. but yea its like heaven out here!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts