Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked into my local Wal Mart Sunday, and was stunned for a second. Right at the front of the pegs was a ’34 Ford TH. I have found just one TH in this store ever. Next day (Mon) had to stop in and grab something for the wife. Figured, what the heck, I’ll check the pegs even though I scored there yesterday. What do you know, on a peg 2 cards from the front, a ’49 Merc TH! Wow, when was the last time I had this kind of luck? I was telling a friend on the phone this afternoon, and he said “well, you’ll just have to make it three in a row, won’t you?). A few minutes later I pulled into a Walgreen’s that I had never been to, looking for another of those Maisto / Speed Wheels red Toyota Celica GT-S’ that I’ve been looking for, for Dadscoronet. No Celica’s (damn, those things are harder to find than a Treasure Hunt!) but I see a cart loaded with various case goods, and I did a double take. A sealed case of Hot Wheels, in a Walgreen’s???? Yep! Busted open the case, and there was my third TH in 3 days. A Bone Shaker. Gets even better. I looked through the Larry’s Garage cars on the pegs, have never found a single signed car yet. Found my first one right there, a green Purple Passion. A guy was standing nearby checking out the HW’s on the pegs and I mentioned it to him. He didn’t know much about them so I explained them to him and handed it to him. He couldn’t believe I was passing it on to him. I miss finding White Lightnings, but this TH streak was a real hoot!

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Nice streak!!! And a nice finish, giving the guy the Larry's car :). I haven't had a streak like that in a long time, probably since last year when I found the 3 69 Camaro's all in one store.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ah yes, good ol' Walgreens the " sleeper store ". Whatever you do, do not tell the stockboy what to look for or you can kiss any finds at that store good bye!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What did you give to him? The hunt or the initialized Merc?
The Larry's Garage initialed car. Cool thing is that I explained to this guy how I am looking for those Speed Wheels red Celica GT-s cars, and don't you know I got a call from him today that he is on the road for a living and just found two for me! Said it's the least he could do for showing him the "LW" initialed cars, and he's going to stop in every Walgreen's he sees for a week for me!

I gave a thought to going to a Wal Mart about 20 min. from home tonight, I've had some luck when they wheel the pallets out. Decided to end the streak and stay home to watch "Modern Family". What a hoot that show is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts