Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all use CA adhesives in our modeling but I think I have found an excellent superglue which adheres fast and has good tensil as well as shear strength. It's Loctite Supergel, Ultra Gel Control. Its pretty thick for gap filling and adheres fast without accelerator. And its cheaper than most hobby ca. Check it out.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I will have to check that out.

Crazy Glue All Plastics is pretty useful. It will glue stuff like the Airfix soft plastic figures and vinyl tank tracks; both usually un-gluable. The container kind of sucks though. It won't last months on your work bench, although its pretty cheap too.

Lately I have been hooked on Gorilla Glue CA glue. You can get a large bottle for $5 or so and in 6 months use it has yet to clog once. I like the stuff because it is thicker so it doesn't run so easily, but is not too thick to glop up like a gell. It also is not an "instant" glue per se and you can move parts around for a long time until it cures (or you use an accellerator). This makes it really handy for photo-etch and other fiddly parts.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,238 Posts
I've been using Ultra Gel Control on my hair for years now! :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loctite ultra gel ca works great on plastic and dries clear. It is very thick but manageble. It sets up pretty quick without the use of accelerator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts