Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to see some changes on these new release greenie's, First i seen green tinted windows & now just seen a Charger coming out in the GL Muscle 5 series with a green blower, Was wondering what everybody thinks of these new one's, Is the change with them a good thing, i'm in :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I like the new GREEN tinted windows! I hope to get one.

Here's an early GREEN tire GM (GREEN tires, GREEN chassis, GREEN body...the regular had a black body, and gold wheels...the regular had chrome wheels).

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
They were doing green tires years ago on promo pieces. I believe most of them came from collectibles sorner like that one Ray. There was a discussion early on over at UTHC as to whether or not we wanted green tires on retail releases. I voted yes, but a few other active/prominent members voted no, stating that green tires should be reserved for promos to add a bit of uniqueness/desirability to them. This was at the height of the GL promos before the minimum order numbers went through the roof. Over the last few months there has been a discussion over there regarding "spicing up the GMs". Suggestions included green windows, motors, and tires, green machine printed on the tires, etc. I pointed out that since no one is doing promos any more that green tires should now be a viable option and I think it finally hit home. With the GM values plummeting and desirability at an all time low since the inception of the brand, it was time to shake it up.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I like it! Sure beats every single greenie havin' green rims. Not that I'll ever see any around here, but they look much better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Actually myself (Greenlight Garage.Com) & Art at (Reno Diecast) worked on getting GreenLight to make the green tires. It was a job to convince greenLight to do them and the first couple of pre productions we both got was wierd funky green, but soon they got it right. My Cudas, red hockey stick & white hockey stick and Arts Hot August Nights was the first to use them. These really sold great as they were totally differant.
I'm glad to see GreenLight using them in regular production lines. I like the Green tires as a trait. The green glass is also a great trait. Nice work GreenLight!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Now, i know a green tire is unrealistic, and sometimes gaudy, as many colored tire chases are, but that's why i like them, these are the two i own, and thier niceness made me go after the whole auto fest 09 mustang set..still working on bingo...i digress, green tires, oh yeah..
reg gm version

double gm version

·
Banned
255 Posts
I think they should of kept the green tires for dealer only promos. Throw the dealers a bone, they sell your product.
I do like the new other traits though.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I think they should of kept the green tires for dealer only promos. Throw the dealers a bone, they sell your product.
I do like the new other traits though.
If you really want GL to throw the dealers a bone then maybe we should all wish for lower minimum production orders. THEN dealers could still afford to do promos but that ship has sailed. You would have an arguement if dealers were STILL doing promos. But they are not, so why keep witholding a cool feature from consumers. The green tired cars are WAY up in value on the secondary market, mission accomplished I say.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts