Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once women have no choice but to sew the family clothing. There was no such thing as a full clothing store mall. Now the options are endless.
But, why still sew? Why? We live in a world where the abundance of clothes have seen the last 20 years a decline in the sewer. A world where the cost of production decreased, making a nice, cheaper and more easily clothes. What makes it cheaper to buy than to make our clothes.
This, in turn, the skills of young people has been almost disappear. But it also comes with global warming and the financial crisis. Who wants to look like a clone? Show racks of clothes now like rows and rows of clothes that give the possibility of time without an identity. A new generation can not afford the brand, but want to have clothing that expresses individuality.
We are now seeing new chapters in our communities to see younger people go to them. Open new stores selling fabrics, sewing machines and more. No more sewing area and only for the elderly and women. Men also enjoy fashion revival sewing.
One of the most enjoyable ways to learn sewing joining sewing classes and community groups to learn from scratch. This make new friends and share ideas and skills classes. I do not think that the seam is only for women. The men join these groups too! Remember that a lot of fashion designers in the world of men.

Our Blog

·
Registered
1 Posts
A lot of people do it. Otherwise, we wouldn't have new clothes in stores. There is absolutely nothing weird. My wife loves to sew, and it helps us save money on Halloween costumes for kids. She makes a lot of different clothes, costumes, even cushions, and curtains. She also re-makes some stuff that we bought. It helps us to save a lot of money. She doesn’t work and stays at home with kids, but while they are at school and she has free time, she does it. Some neighbors ask her to do something, and they pay her for her work. Recently, she sent me this http://sewingmachinebuffs.com/7-differences-between-sewing-machine-and-overlock-machine/. I still don’t see any difference in the sewing machines, but she says that another sewing machine will help her a lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's nothing like a practical hobby, for sure. I think a lot of guys underrate the whole sewing thing. I recall the first time I tried tinkering with my mom's old 1960s Singer machine and decided computers were much easier to understand. Everybody should practice a little hand stitchery now and then, though. There's no need to throw out a pair of pants just because the bottom of the pocket ripped. And, of course, sewing often figures into auto repair as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts