Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this one up, well detailing to come but for the most part done.

I dug out an ERTL Sheriff car that in the beginning belonged to Roscoe P. Cotrain, Sheriff of Hazard County GA. As with most of Roscoe's Cruisers it had seen better days.

Now it has changed jurisdictions and a country but here is the finished project.

And now here pictured with a couple other cars from the same movie.

That's right, it is the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Cruiser from Smokey And The Bandit II.

"Bandit you Sumbitch," Buford T. Justice

The inspiration came from this, that I saw on ebay about a month or so ago.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Wow what a change that is! I've been trying to do some saves and changes myself lately, That one came out real nice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Red Police Car

As I said my 4yr old grandson was convinced there were "red police cars." We've been telling him those were fire chief cars. Shows what we know. Everytime he comes over here he's in my diecast and the subject come up. After seeing the red RCMP car I relented. I know once I give it to him it's not long for the world. So here's a before pic. I give it about 30 minutes before somethings broke off and I'm making repairs.

Don't know about the manufacturer but it was cheap to start with. Looked FORD'ish so it made a good candidate. Removed the tampos, relocated the rear axle, scraped the chrome, made the light rack, decaled it with some modified NC State Trooper decals, detailed the tail lamps blackend the rear panel and black washed the grill. A bumber bar would be cool.

Appreciate the inspiration Chorton...:wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts