Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who likes BWF vehicles should look at the latest JL BLOG and see the latest JL/Liberty Promotions VW BWF bus. Very interesting. Now, how do we buy this bus?

Someone else mentioned this bus too in another thread, but I think it sort of got lost in with other posts. It needed its own thread, IMO.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
I went to the best kept secret for finding promo JL's after seeing the BLOG and didn't see it. I am guessing they are not yet available. They still have some of the Jiffy Lube BWF & WWF (white with...) VW Pickups. They also got a few of the Cruising the Coast BWF, the Kentucky Derby Mustang BWF, the newly discovered Millenium VW and the HAN BWF Merc!

I did end up snagging a few things while I was there.

The last one of these.... (there is one on the bay but the price got up there)

Also got a couple non JL BWF's....

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
And for those wondering, RenoDiecast is the site I was referring to. I got a lot of my harder to find BWF JL's there.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Nick, nice acquisitions! I've picked up a ton of HW BWFs myself lately (with some help from Dave_anto364 and ECchopper) but hadn't even seen either of those before.

I've seen two of those GD sets in recent weeks on the Bay, both went over $30 and there's no way in hell I'm paying over thirty bucks for a bus I don't even think is a true BWF.

I'll have to look at the blog for that other BWF Bus :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Just got a look at that new Liberty Promotions VW BWF Bus ......

My God, that thing is hideous!!!!!!!

Yes, they definitely are flames, but jezzum, that is one fugly unit :drunk: :freak:

Who the hell came up with that design, RC2's team or Liberty's????

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carnut2256 said:
Just got a look at that new Liberty Promotions VW BWF Bus ......

My God, that thing is hideous!!!!!!!
I never said it was a beautiful flame job, it's not. I just said it was 'interesting', and it is.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Fifty Seven Eighty Three for the "Forever Jerry" set!!!!!!!

Yowzer!!!!

The last one went for $31!!!

these Deadhead and Vee Dub freaks are gonna make sure none of BWF guys gets one of these things :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I'm with you , Rich. I'd love to pick up that diorama, but it's got to be more realistic. I will be looking for that Jiffy Lube VW (uggh!! what a paint job!!) to add to the collection. I've got the Beetle Nick has, not the Caddy. Going to have to search out that one as well. ::Sigh:: So many diecast, so little time....

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
A loose Grateful Dead van just sold on e-bay for $14.95! No diorama, no Beetle, nothing but the van! I am kind of glad I got the set for $25.00. I always did like it and since it has the little flames on the front it makes it even better.

As far as that new Jiffy Lube VW, I am in the same boat as most of you guys. That thing is not the best looking BWF of the bunch. Maybe just under the streamer van and just above the Charity Wheels Ghia. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts