Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ok sounds like 12 scale is go on the 25th kevin,Brent,jason,jeff,and myself.How about paul and Bob havent heard from you guys on this?19 turn any motor except binary open timeing box stock , 5 minute heats 4 cell and of course wings are allowed. How about that ? basicly roar rules for 12 scale oval. I cant remember the last time I was so excited about raceing a new class.It will be kind of weird for me to race on the 25th and not race stock at all. I might have withdraws. :freak: But it may be just what I need. :wave:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
1/12

Matt, my 1/12 turns left and right no 1/12 oval for me. But i am up for some 19 turn action. I wanted 2 run open mod did some practicing and the track is definetly not ready for that yet, I could break the tires loose mid straitaway on BSR pinks (verysoft) :wave:

Matt Bayless said:
Ok sounds like 12 scale is go on the 25th kevin,Brent,jason,jeff,and myself.How about paul and Bob havent heard from you guys on this?19 turn any motor except binary open timeing box stock , 5 minute heats 4 cell and of course wings are allowed. How about that ? basicly roar rules for 12 scale oval. I cant remember the last time I was so excited about raceing a new class.It will be kind of weird for me to race on the 25th and not race stock at all. I might have withdraws. :freak: But it may be just what I need. :wave:

·
Registered
42 Posts
jajnmj said:
Matt, my 1/12 turns left and right no 1/12 oval for me. But i am up for some 19 turn action. I wanted 2 run open mod did some practicing and the track is definetly not ready for that yet, I could break the tires loose mid straitaway on BSR pinks (verysoft) :wave:
Most likely because of the 6 single and the killer batteries, to much horsepower Grasshopper. :cool:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
horsepower

It was a new 7 double and only made a mere [email protected]!!!!!! I don't know why it would burn the tires mid straitaway :eek: The track is just not ready for power like that yet, we would have to turn the power level down so far we might as well run 19 turn it would probably be just as fast!!!!!

Bob Cole2 said:
Most likely because of the 6 single and the killer batteries, to much horsepower Grasshopper. :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Racing was really great last night. For the stock class there were 4 guys that qualified with 52 laps within a couple of seconds of each other. Also Jeff Johnson set a new track record of 52 laps ,4.02.16 in the main. Track seems to be getting faster. In the Ledgends Paul and Tom put on a good show as always. Paul set a new track record in Legends of 54 or was it 55 laps in the main, to bad Tom got into one of those racing deals or there may have been a lot closer race between Tom and Paul. Tim won the Touring car A main and done a fantastic job driving.
Great job Paul West and Jeff Johnson on the track records. I think we all had a lot of fun last night and that is what it is all about. Look forward to seeing Tom and Marvin again. Marvin how was the trip home?
And special thanks to the Sean and Matt for setting some things straight. Great job by all the racers last night lets keep it up, hope to see all of you next week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Track record

Thanks, it means alot right now to be able to turn a track record because everyone is so fast. I don't think that it will last that long with everyones effort they have been putting into there race cars. I think it won't be long before the track record is 53 laps, but i appreciate everyone coming over and congratulating me last night, that means alot to me, plus the fun everyone had last night everyone was fast. Congrats to paul west, that was the smoothest legends car i have ever seen it almost looked like a pan car going through the corners!!!!!!!. Also very smooth driving paul, don't think i seen him make a mistake in the legends car alnight long!!!!
thanks everyone :wave:

Bob Cole2 said:
Racing was really great last night. For the stock class there were 4 guys that qualified with 52 laps within a couple of seconds of each other. Also Jeff Johnson set a new track record of 52 laps ,4.02.16 in the main. Track seems to be getting faster. In the Ledgends Paul and Tom put on a good show as always. Paul set a new track record in Legends of 54 or was it 55 laps in the main, to bad Tom got into one of those racing deals or there may have been a lot closer race between Tom and Paul. Tim won the Touring car A main and done a fantastic job driving.
Great job Paul West and Jeff Johnson on the track records. I think we all had a lot of fun last night and that is what it is all about. Look forward to seeing Tom and Marvin again. Marvin how was the trip home?
And special thanks to the Sean and Matt for setting some things straight. Great job by all the racers last night lets keep it up, hope to see all of you next week. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Yep, some good racing, some bad luck, but all in all, a good night of racing!

For some reason, my 4-cell car really fell off for the B-main... Lap times slowed by 1-2 tenths, without any changes to the car...? Could be a battery fading, could be the motor "ate" some rug hair or something... I'll figure it out... Kind of frustrating to only manage a 49 lap run in the main after two straight 50's in the last two heats... It's a real puzzle -- I wasn't blazing fast in the 2nd and 3rd heats, but I ran some 4.6's and 4.7's -- in the B-main, I had two 4.8's (I think) and then over 30 4.9's... Consistent, but consistently slow... Just "lost" speed -- car "felt" and looked good, ran nice lines, but didn't have the speed... Rear tires only lost about 0.01" in diameter, so it wasnt' a loss of rollout... Battery (GP3300) had 972 mAh left after race, but only showed an average voltage of 4.154 over the remaining 3:01 at 20 amps... (I'll cycle the pack later for a better picture of it's current condition, and dyno the motor "as raced" before I cut the comm to check it out too...)

I think it would have been fun to get the chance to really race Paul in Legends, but after getting put into the wall by a lap car, all I could manage was a 53 lap run... Car handled a bit "odd" after that -- can't find anything wrong exactly, it just appears that it 'tweaked' the chassis by twisting it from the impact, and as legends racers know, it doesn't always twist back automatically...

Bob -- I 'won' those two used lefthanderrc packs on eBay, so maybe they will give me a bit of renewed speed?

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
There seemed to be some questions about Legends rules... At least two objections related to my car... As an aid to the curious, here are two links. The first is to the ONLY current rules, as adopted/posted by ARCOR and RC Spec Racing. As you may know, BOLINK no longer exists, and RC Spec Racing has negotiated to take over the Legends name from the "full size" Legends authority...

http://www.rcspecracing.com/Rules.cfm

Here is a link to a 'copy' I saved from the old BOLINK site before it died...
http://hometown.aol.com/dordba/lgndrule.htm

It should be noted that the 'new' rules include (I believe) TOO MUCH CHANGE... Bearings in the wheels/axles for one... Mandatory change to Race Prep 'R' Brushes for another... On the other hand, those pesky front wheel bushings sure make the wheels "wobbly", so who knows...?

I'd recommend the original rules, but I'm an outsider with a car that's been questioned for the first time in 8 years... (Nothing BIG -- my motor has a 1/8" spacer between it and the chassis to prevent the motor from sucking in the tire dust, etc. through the big holes in the chassis plate, and my battery was 1/4" off center -- Paul's was only 1/8" off center -- both from using foam to keep the battery from flopping around inside the chassis rails...) I did have a motor protested once at Chilli -- someone didn't like my brushes, so Billy gave me the used ones out of one of his motors for the A-main -- I won anyway, so...

I just need someone to tell me what rules we're using so I can change whatever I have to change to avoid conflict or protest...

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
OH -- I noticed that Brent's site hasn't posted any results since late August...

Where/when will this weekend's results be posted?

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Thanks Brent -- I wasn't being critical (I really appreciate what you've done and are doing)...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I know Tom. I haven't been racing that much lately & that makes it hard for me to get the results before they are saved over by another race. If I could get Matthew to save them to a disk immediately after the races it wouldn't be a problem but if he doesn't & runs any other race before I get there on Monday then they are gone for ever.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I know you pain Tom. But my pain was all my own fault. And some of Bob's :jest: I know Bob it wasn't your fault it was a racing thing. Good Run for everyone in the A man Everyone with a 52 lap run to quallify. Good job Jeff.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Jason -- Yep... I really hate it when the car just "falls off" for no known reason... At home today (I'm here waiting for a furniture delivery), I've dyno'd the motor (looks OK), and cycled the pack on the T35 (looks OK)... ???? :confused: The only thing I can figure now is that my packs "sleep" for a month at a time -- maybe the pack I ran in the main needed a "wakeup" cycle and was soft in the race, but is OK now...???

I've checked and nothing was rubbing or dragging, bearings seem OK...

I guess from now on, I'll try to cycle my race packs the week before or use them in practice race day to make sure they "wake up"... (Yelling at them doesn't help -- sort of like a teenager on a school day...)

OH...
THANKS, Brent!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Tom

The track did get a little tight the third run. I took some wedge out of my car before the main and it was good I just got up on the white stuff and done my self in. That is okay there are other weeks and I have new juice coming.:jest:

·
Registered
449 Posts
BOB forget the touring car get a legends.Good job jeff your car looked very good. If only it was as easy as you made it look. GREAT JOB BY ALL see you next saturday.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Congrats Jeff. Was that a Rip motor. Dan Pierson broke the track record last week on Wednesday. Must have been the clean air. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil B Gona be in da Fastlane Saturday night, any one up for some real fast 4-cell stock.

Shane

41 - 60 of 393 Posts