Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread should be used to prolong our sport.And combine oval raceing with roadcourse. We all race under the same roof and should treat each other the way we want to be treated. Please. Lets race together and make sure each racer wants to come back each week. MATT Bayless

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
OK -- Good to see a fresh start...

This weekend, the 'road trip' is ON... I'm in for 4-cell stock and Legends, Marvin is in for 4-cell sportsman and Legends, Phil is in for 4-cell sportsman, and we're bringing two NEW racers... Ron will run 'rent-a-ride' in 4-cell sportsman, and may bring his sedan... Robert may come and bring his sedan... Support your local CARPET! (even if it's not very "local"...):D

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Say... On the old thread, 'Justin' posted (8-28-2004) that he was working on a web site for The Race Place... Any updates?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I heard that the web site was very close to being completed. That's great that your making the road trip here Tom and even better that your bringing so many with you. We need more people like Tom that helps promote this hobby of ours.
I can not wait till this week end , should be some good racing. You and Paul have helped bring Legends back here and I hope it will keep going because it is a fun class. I have been thinking about it myself or maybe even a touring car, yes thats right a touring car. I might only be in the C main but I have always liked the touring cars and have always wanted to give it a try. Anyway I am sure you and Paul will put on a real good show in Legends tradeing positions evey lap or so.
Look forward to seeing everyone this week end for some good racing and most important some FUN. :wave:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good morning springfield....

advise cowboy when you all plan on having a two day race in the ozarks...
see ya all in KC on oct 8...

cowboy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm with Jake on the Mod thing. Until those bumps out of turn 4 are gone anything more than 19 turn will be a disaster.

I don't think I'll be there again this weekend. I'm waiting on my new packs from TQCells. If I get them before Saturday, I'll be there, if not I'll for sure be there next weekend. I have been needing new batteries for a long time.

We'll be sure to let you know about our 2 day show Cowboy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bob Cole said:
..... I have been thinking about it myself or maybe even a touring car, yes thats right a touring car. I might only be in the C main but I have always liked the touring cars and have always wanted to give it a try. ...
Bob with a touring car, now that's something i want to see! the nitro season will be done before long, last race is October 2nd at AnPac across from Sleeth Hobbies. it's a FREE promotional race with some trophies and cash payouts for the winners. not sure exactly when the nitro guys will start running electric on a regular basis though. looks like several of them want to run dirt until the cold drives them inside for the winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
in my opinion the Xray is probably top of the line, with a price tag to match. i thought about getting one myself but decided that my TC3 is just fine for now. after taking all of the bearings out of my car and finding over half of them locked up with carpet made me decide not to spend the money on the Xray.

the Associated TC4 is supposed to be out in the next month too.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thank's. I know the X-Ray is high dollar, but it is a very fine car from what I saw last week. For what I want to do I think I will just get a TC3. Kevin Perry said he would let me run his Losi so I might take him up on it and then decide what to do after I run that a while. If I decide to do it I will practice allot on are track before I enter any races. I have never run road course so I need to get in allot of practice were I will not be in everyones way. :roll:

No comment from you M.K. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
MK Race said:
I might be coming down this weekend instead of the 25th. But I will have to run my old batteries from last year again.
But.... Mike.....

It's all chassis 'setup', right? :devil: :tongue:

Heck -- I'm running batteries I bought USED off of eBay.... Wait... I'm a full lap off the pace.. NEVERMIND.... :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Bob -- I'm pretty much a hard-core LOSI guy... I LOVE my XXX-S's, but I'm running in a parking lot series -- never ran them on carpet.

Locally, the XRay is my most serious competition, but they are also seriously under legal weight (3-4 oz), and take some work to add the necessary weight without upsetting the balance... The front one-way REALLY gives it lots of steering, but from watching the sedans on the carpet down there, I'm not sure that's a GOOD thing for The Race Place...?

TC3's can be setup up to have a VERY smooth drive train (I ran TC3's for 3-4 years), but it takes some work and a few "tricks" -- Mostly playing with shims in the pinion/diff gear area to free up the mesh without letting it be too loose...

The LOSI single belt is both a blessing and a curse... Belt drives never "feel" as free as shaft drive, but on the track, I was faster with the XXX-S than the TC3, so I sold all my TC3's and went totally XXX-S. Unlike the XRay, the standard LOSI is HEAVY -- get the G+ version for sure... (I had to convert mine to graphite before the G+ was available....) Due to a general lack of traction on the parking lot, I'm still using diffs front and rear...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
bATTERIES

brent or mike don't let batteries stop u from coming i have plenty of new batteries!!! :wave:

BrentP said:
I'm with Jake on the Mod thing. Until those bumps out of turn 4 are gone anything more than 19 turn will be a disaster.

I don't think I'll be there again this weekend. I'm waiting on my new packs from TQCells. If I get them before Saturday, I'll be there, if not I'll for sure be there next weekend. I have been needing new batteries for a long time.

We'll be sure to let you know about our 2 day show Cowboy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks for the information Tom. Kevin Perry said I could use his so I may give it a try. His is the Losi but I don't know which one it is.
Mark, what tires and inserts should a guy run to get hooked up on are track? :roll:

·
Registered
62 Posts
i've been running Sorex 24R with hpi blue inserts in the front, Sorex 20R with hpi blue inserts in the rear. that seems to be a pretty good place to start. maybe use hpi green inserts if you think you'll need a little more traction. the rubber tires are going to slide a little no matter what so you'll just have to find something that feels comfortable to you.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Hey Brent, not sure if I can make it this weekend for sure yet. They are having a big Latemodel show at I-55 this Saturday and I haven't been there in a few years. If it rains I'll be racin with you guys.

1 - 20 of 393 Posts