Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im an Australian who has been collecting 1:64 for about 4 years. Since discovering JL's, Iv'e become seriously addicted to putting a good collection together. I think JL's are the best diecast on the market, bar none!!. It's a pity that they are so hard to get in Australia, and when you can they are really expensive ( around $12AUD ea).

I have just seen the new Classic Gold 24 set on the net, and cant wait to pickup a 73 GTO and Hurst Olds.

I have been posting on the HWC site for a few years and traded with a number of collectore in the US and Canada. I also frequent the Matchbox Community site as well.

Married with 4 kids, diecast is a great way to escape the everyday pressures of work and stress and re-live those great childhood memories!! LOL

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome,

I have the opposite addiction as you.... I am totally obsessed with Biante Mini Cars and they cost about $10-$11 USD. So I feel your pain!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome, ozgordon! :wave: Funny how that works! I've recently developed a taste for some of the modern Norev and Maisto castings........which are not all that expensive, but VHTF stateside. Maybe you'll be able to hook up for some trades or purchases with some of the guys on the board here.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Welcome!

What does a casting collector down under have access too? In U.S. dollars what is the price you pay for HW's Biante, Norev, Corgi etc? Also, when you trade with the states, how long does the delivery normally take?

Hope to see you post often.

Mark

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
OZGORDON, Welcome to the club! I hope you get to visit the swap and sell also, Trades are always a good possibility. Tell us a little more about your collecting habits, GM? CHRYSLER? FORD? OTHERS? Racing interests? Keep posting, and enjoy Hobby Talk! One more question, does your real car have its steering wheel on the left or right side of the vehicle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!!

To answer some questions:

Markhos:

HW in Australia cost about $US1.55
Biante minicars :$US10.65
Matchbox : $US1.78
Norev and Corgi are nearly impossible to find here also.

Mailing to the US and Canada takes about a week airmail and....wait for it.....2 months surface!!!!

Al Markin:

Our cars on the road are all RH Drive as we drive on the LH side of the road. I currently drive a 2000 AUII Ford Falcon with a 4.0l 6 cylinder engine. My other car is a 2001 Kia Carnival ( needed to ferry the 6 of us around) LOL.

My main area of interest is musclecars of the late 60's early 70's. Im not much into Nascar etc , but do enjoy watching and following the Australian V8 supercars!

Thanks again all for the king welcome

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
welcome and post often,,,,,whats the weather like where your at?,,,,always wondered that,,,,,,,

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome. I sure like the 60's and some 70's Fords and Holdens from down there. I wish somebody would sell them in 1/64 here in the states(if there are any made at all). Anyway, welcome to Hobby Talk. :wave:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep an eye out for Biante minicars to release some more 1/64s of Australian musclecars. I understand that they have scheduled the XA and XB Falcon coupes (mad max car) and the mid seventies Torana sedan and hatch. The have already released the HT,HK,HG Monaro in various colours (late 60s) and the early Torana.

The only problem is these cars run to about $10.00US ea!!!!

More info on their site: www.biante.com.au

Gordon

R

·
0 Posts
plus shipping...

I usually wait until there are 10 or so I want because the shipping is pretty much the same...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Ozgordan, welcome to Hobby Talk and the world of collecting Johnny Lightning diecast. Another great place to visit on a regular basis.

Apparently, in the southern hemisphere, when you flush the toilet, the water swirls in the opposite direction than it does in the northern hemisphere. I remember this fact from school. It has something to do with the rotation of the earth and gravity, I think.

Do you have to pay extra taxes and duty, etc. on your purchases from countries like Canada or the United States, when you import them into your country?

I live in Canada, and it sometimes takes a week or longer to receive shipments via air-mail from the U.S. I said AIR MAIL. The problem is not the U.S.P.S. but Canada Post.
I can tell you many stories about postal service in our country. The U.S.P.S. is very quick unlike our postal sevice. But that is another discussion.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Oz, how are ya. This is the best site to learn about this line of diecast. Very helpful peeps indeed. One thing tho, you will be green with envy at what everyone on here finds and posts about :lol: .

Here's a link to a site you can check to see what's been released in JL's over the yrs. It's sure to keep you busy for a while.

http://www.dansdiecast.com/wyatt/index2.html

Anyway, enjoy your time here mate, and it's great to have another 'wanker' join the ranks ;) .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
G'Day Gazzr...

Thanks for the info and the link mate, very helpful indeed!!!

Where do you score your JL's in Oz??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts