Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i rode my minibike today and i was going like 60 and i let of the throtle and it back fired alot i played with the fuel mixure and it still did it my friend told me i needed a fuel pump but my carb has a built in pump u think i still need another ???

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
all it is is when you are making an engine go faster than what it was designed to perform at it will backfire. your engine is going at very high rpm's when your going really fast. when you all of a sudden you let off it will try to slow down but will get backfiring from when the valves are closing not at the same time right at that moment. it isn't a fuel problem you just need to let off the gas slowly to alow the engine to catch up with what your doing. if that don't help they are probably not at the perfect timing. no big deal just don't keep letting off the gas right then. now if it isn't running right when in idle it is the fuel pump. or you need to clean the valves with carb cleaner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found out what was wrong i blew my header gasket thats why it back fired do i went to my school and fabed up 10 new copper gaskets they fit perfect

1 - 3 of 3 Posts