Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Some Questions.

Is the 1/1000 TOS E a reissue and is there anything different about it?

What scale is the 1701D in? Oh, wait, it's an AMT reissue. Any changes?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Some Questions.

Is the 1/1000 TOS E a reissue and is there anything different about it?

What scale is the 1701D in? Oh, wait, it's an AMT reissue. Any changes?
One is 1:1400 the other is 1:2500. & I can only prey R2 did some 're-tooling' on the 1:2500 ships. (and PLEASE let them come with Aztec decals)

·
Registered
164 Posts
What is the Pilgrim observer?

Stand-alone Sci-fi kit, something NASA proposed, from a series I'm not familiar with?

I'm clueless on this one.:confused:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Holy crap, Pilgrim Observer coming back.

My mind is officially blown once again.

I seem to recall this scaled out to pretty close to 1/144 (based on the Fat Apollo, IIRC), and Revell recently re-released their 1/144 Saturn V....oh, getting ideas, yes I am. :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Steve H.

I can hear the wheels turning all the way over here!

Keep'em rollin' rollin' roooolliiin'... (just gave away my age I think). Something you young guys wouldn't understand!

hal9001-

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
1/1400 and 1/2500 for the TOS E and TMP refit? If so thats just too small for those ships for my liking. 1/1000 was as small as I was willing to go.

I'd prefer a TOS E and TMP refit in similar scale as the old AMT TOS E. I guess I'll just have to hang in for the 1/350 TOS E.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
They ought to do the E-C in full 1:1400th scale.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
They ought to do the E-C in full 1:1400th scale.
I agree, it would be nice. But it is cool to see the 2500s coming out with aztek decals! I already have about 6 of each of those, but may have to buy more just for the decals!

Thanks for the pics, Hank! So nice to see the build ups!!

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
1/1400 and 1/2500 for the TOS E and TMP refit? If so thats just too small for those ships for my liking. 1/1000 was as small as I was willing to go.

I'd prefer a TOS E and TMP refit in similar scale as the old AMT TOS E. I guess I'll just have to hang in for the 1/350 TOS E.
The 1/2500 scale worked out well since it was a) a standard scale and b) allowed ERTL to produce all 6 Enterprises in one scale at a reasonable price.

It's pretty much the same with the 1/1000 scale. It's a standard that modelers can live with. More so than the odd scale (1/532?) used for the first AMT Enterprise.

Besides, anyone can build big stuff. It's the small stuff that the most challenging!

Jim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts