Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i recently began getting my collection organized after months upon months of neglecting a large portion of it from being displayed as they have been tucked away in a closet in rubbermaid containers.
i have purchased many cars from our sponsors, our outstanding ht members for great prices and worked out a few trades in my time here. i have had great dealings with everyone on this board and just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have helped me along the way. a few of you went well above and beyond their end of the deal and i just wanted to thank all of you.

for instance, i noticed GeraldE61 was interested in a few kenner fast 1's cars. i had a few of them loose and asked him to make an offer. he responded by offering me a kentucky derby black mustang which was more than enough of a car i expected to be offered in trade. i gladly accepted and yesterday the box arrived! i couldn't wait to rip into that bad boy and admire this beautiful car (and this is coming from a gm guy :) .) so i dig into the large amount of packing peanuts and begin to pull this car from the box. as i am removing the car , i see something else... what is this???? the other kentucky derby mustang. :eek: gerald, i don't know how to thank you enough. please send me a want list, if there is anything i can help you with, i will gladly do so.

an another note...awhile back, i noticed nick AKA centershock was looking for the pip olds. i offered it to him and really wasn't looking for anything in return. we have met in person a few times and i planned on giving it to him in person at the next pa members get together. due to my busy schedule i still have been unable to meet up with these guys after months gone by so i offered to ship it to him. he offered me a lexmark camaro which was certainly more than enough on his end. i accepted because i didn't want to hurt his feelings ;) j/k , and received his package a short time later.

now,i have met nick in person and have dealt with him on a few trades before so i knew it was all good. due to my lack of space, i immediately put the box i received from him right into my diecast closet where it has not seen the light of day for some time.recently i open it up to not only find the lexmark camaro but a dragsters usa 92 l.a.p.d. camaro that i had wanted. :eek:

this goes even deeper because there was a member who had this car along with a few others up for sale on the S & S board. i made an offer to purchase this car in the thread but some little bugger snagged all of the cars this person had. who was this bugger???? centershock! now was it luck of the draw with his extra generosity in throwing this car in or did he remember that i had wanted this car from that thread. either way, i want to thank you for it nick. :wave:

i also wanted to give a quick thanks to teddy for making it possible for me get one of the sweet looking burch haulers at the very last minute.

there are certainly many more of you who have been very kind in my dealings with you. please don't be offended if i didn't name all of you here. you know who you are and i just wanted to take some time and thank all of you at once. ;)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
This seems to be a thing with members here. Dadvball sent me a couple of extra cars to complete a set once, but when I opened his package, there were some nice extra goodies in there.

I bought a set of Frightning Lightnings from Pony on ebay once and she added a couple of extra cars.

And when Peter sent me two cars to complete a set, I asked what he might be looking for...which of course were any corvettes he might not have. I only found one vette on his list, but felt compelled to throw in something extra for his troubles.

Giving really does make you want to do something in return. It might even revolutionize politics if more politicians spent some time on these boards! Who wants to help me put together a little JL care package and send it to congress, huh, huh, huh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts