Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Just kidding, but I do have a serious question for anyone that has actually seen the Le Brea tar pit in California. I have recently purchased Paleocrafts tar pit model. Man is it a beauty. What I was wanting to know is the tar very high gloss or is it more of a semi gloss. I figured with it being an oil base substance it would have a glossy sheen to it and not appear dull. But since I have never seen it before I really don't know. Thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
LaBrea looks...

I was lucky enough to visit for a while a couple of years ago. The "Tar Pits" look more like ponds or lagoons with swirling petrol/oil floating on the surface. The ones that they have drained out and are working in are glossy, slimy black like THICK motor oil. Hope this helps, and if you are a Dino-nut like myself it's a must see Museum and park. VERY cool! One of my favorite parts was the Dire Wolf exhibit. The had one wall made of clear plexi that was entirely filled with Dire Wolf skulls! The also had an Ice Age vulture skeleton hanging from the ceiling that was the size of a small Pteranodon! Good luck with the kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts