Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to try and build something like what is in the picture, but alot cleaner and better looking....i already have the rolling chassis but was wondering what the best motor to put in it should be???? thats where i need some help....ok so im thinkin 2-4hp from edger,chain saw,????? and is there a big difference from belt driven to chain drivein????

thanks for your input it is much appriciated

thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
you can use a chainsaw motor, if the bolt pattern matches with the bike frame, and a 2-4HP i recommend a briggs motor. theres alot on the market. belt driven may slip more, and there is an performance decrease. use the chain. just check if you have a #35, 40, or41 chain. remember to get the clutch too! PS you can use the motor above, just clean it up and stuff.

you probably cant use the gas tank above if its not a chainsaw motor

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the pic abouve is just a picture i found...... and for mounting brackets ill make all my own.....

what exactly does the clutch do???

i i just put a motor on there welded a sprocket to it and installed chain to rear tire, will it idle with out moving??? or ????

·
Registered
750 Posts
a clutch keeps a bike/go cart still unless it passes a certain RPM. if the clutch engages at 2000 RPM, and you idle at 1000 RPM, you have to gas it some before the clutch engages and starts to move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts