Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this bad boy today at a little die cast/coin shop. I really like the color with the spectraflame(I know JL has a different name for it but I can't remember what it is at the moment lol) finish.

I also bought this Matchbox '39 Chevy there because it brought back memories of little league haha. I was on the Rockies, the team was called the Padres but we voted to have it changed to the Rockies the same year the real Rockies started in the majors. We were the team of misfits who weren't supposed to be any good but we ended up in 2nd place the last year I played. My dad coached the team and I think since he made it be about fun instead of harping on about winning that it really brought out the best in everyone.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
N I C E !

I have the regular version of the Duster. It is a very nice casting so it must be really special in the spectraflame finish. Wouldn't mind finding one of those myself.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

It's a 2001 Holiday edition, it comes with a clip to use to hang it on your Christmas tree as an ornament. I doubt I'll hang mine on the tree but I'll definitely keep it on my shelf all year round. I think all the Holiday cars have spectraflame finishes but I'm not sure, I know the ones Toys R Us had for last Christmas did though.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Thanks

It's a 2001 Holiday edition, it comes with a clip to use to hang it on your Christmas tree as an ornament. I doubt I'll hang mine on the tree but I'll definitely keep it on my shelf all year round. I think all the Holiday cars have spectraflame finishes but I'm not sure, I know the ones Toys R Us had for last Christmas did though.
I have a couple of the Holiday editions - a 66 Fairlane and a Dodge Coronet from the 2002 Holiday season, both with a beautiful special looking paint finish, particularly the Fairlane, I think it has the most beautiful paint job I have ever seen on a model, pictures can't even come close to doing it justice.

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
JL called it "Candy Chrome"

was a heckuva lot more mirror-like than any spectraflame that HW did. You actually had to watch out when handling them...due to fingerprints!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Yea, they called it Candy Chrome.

They sure do show alot of scratches when being handled wrong being loose.

Rough hands would scratch the finish from what I remember.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Candy Chrome, that's the stuff! :thumbsup:

A little more Holiday cheer, I went back and got the rest they had and a First Shots '71 Road Runner set. Not bad for a buck a car.

I thought I'd see how they fit in an M2 Auto-Haulers cases. I put the Road Runners in one and the rest in another. I think it looks pretty good for just being a little repurposing.

I just used the first tow tops I found, I'll have to put another on this since it has the Chevy 100th Anniversary logo on it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts