Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the Holiday Season....hope everybody can relax a little and have some fun.

Yea, business is down and many are struggling, but maybe we can share some good things with your RC racing.

I used to travel alot for RC racing and could hold a pretty good wheel. I can still do well locally on occassion. Went to Phoenix a couple weekends ago. They have a new track and Humpty is the GOD of Pan Cars there. He was very fast as usual and all the folks he has helped are also very fast. Short, tight track....very nice....SRS raceway. We have a large sweeping track in Flagstaff, so I need a big learning curve there. Made the B main Expert, but made gains throughout the day. It was nice to see some old freinds and some new faces. Pan Car oval in Phoenix is lookin' pretty good and fast, thanks to the Humpty Brigade. I'll be anxious to give it another try soon.

Hope you all can have a ton of fun at your local track and maybe even visit some others over the Holidays. Oh, try to spend some time with family too.

Gary McAllister

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
I agree. I read a statistic once that stated, "If you have pocket change in your pocket, you have more money than 75% of the world's population". We have a lot to be thankful for. We live like kings here in the USA and Canada. Not to mention we have the luxury of participating in such a great hobby. Racing is a total luxury and I feel very blessed to be able to do it.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree. I read a statistic once that stated, "If you have pocket change in your pocket, you have more money than 75% of the world's population". We have a lot to be thankful for. We live like kings here in the USA and Canada. Not to mention we have the luxury of participating in such a great hobby. Racing is a total luxury and I feel very blessed to be able to do it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I to agree 100% :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hotrod

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
:) In all the years I've known Gary, I don't think I have ever seen him without a SMILE on his face - VERY CLASS Act if you've never had the pleasure of meeting him!

Gary,

Nice to hear the oval at SRS is looking decent!! Phoenix just has such a hard time keeping an oval going these days, hopefully it will do good at Keoni's place. (I'm hoping I get the time to stop by and visit in Jan. when I'm on my annual AZ. vacation!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I don't know you Gary, but I sure it would be a pleasure to meet you. It reminds me of a old friend that I think about from time to time, DR Finley. He owned the track/ shop that I raced at for years. He'd always smile and ask how are you all doing. The best part of this hobby is that the people you meet and become friends with!:cool:

Carl

·
Registered
644 Posts
well put gary, hope you and all the guys in flagstaff have a nice christmas. look forward to you coming back to race with us soon.
mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gary you have always been a big part of this hobby, and to see you still racing and being out with the people who use your product shows there are still manufactures who appreciate there customers and consider them friends. That being said hope everyone has a great holiday season and enjoy your families. By the way Gary saw the snow in Flag at Little America and don't really miss it!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gary you get :thumbsup: :thumbsup: in my book. I've always enjoyed your oval bodies, and to this day I still do. I think 95% of my racing stable is McAllister bodies. Plus we had a 2009 latemodel series with nothing but your excellent looking Latemodel bodies. and I'm glad to say we'll be heading into 2010 with your bodies for our series. You are a big part with us.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. An I'll be talking to you soon for new bodies of course.
Darin. D&D Racing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts