Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Color variations etc. that I didn't have yet! Man this series is getting expensive!($3.74 each)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Yeah I'm being extremely selective and if our OLDs come through for me I'll be getting whatever I want from here in front of my computer rather than off store pegs.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Has anybody else noticed that there are plenty of rough castings in series 2??
The Hotbird and Camaro pictured above look like the metal didnt flow so smoothly.Early series 1 were the best quality castings -the smoothness of 71 GTXs and Ford panel sure beats the lot of series 2 that I have seen (bought 1 VW drag truck plus a Hotbird and 5 others,but 33 series 1 (too many I realise now).I expect crisp castings and a nice paint finish for the extra cash.
I guess :confused: its the Thailand factory foundry - even mainlines from Thailand often have poorer quality castings than China or Malaysia Mattel plants

·
Registered
971 Posts
Cool finds Woody! I've cut back on those too, except the ones I can't resist; Ford GT, VWs, 40 Ford.... I guess the $3.74 makes up for all the ones they sold for $1 earlier this year.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
SMS88 said:
Has anybody else noticed that there are plenty of rough castings in series 2??
The Hotbird and Camaro pictured above look like the metal didnt flow so smoothly.Early series 1 were the best quality castings -the smoothness of 71 GTXs and Ford panel sure beats the lot of series 2 that I have seen (bought 1 VW drag truck plus a Hotbird and 5 others,but 33 series 1 (too many I realise now).I expect crisp castings and a nice paint finish for the extra cash.
I guess :confused: its the Thailand factory foundry - even mainlines from Thailand often have poorer quality castings than China or Malaysia Mattel plants
Yes I have noticed this!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I found the bone shaker today but opted for the blue Superbird and Rodger Dodger w/flames,instead.

...moderation will be my friend, in the long run.

The only thing I've got all colors of now, is the HotBird

·
Registered
192 Posts
There were more in series 2 I wanted than in series 1.
Now there are way too many in 3 I want.
So far all I've grabbed were a couple of Dodgers - finally a metal based dodger!!

Not sure how many more I'll be getting.
Price and pitting the factors pushing me to get fewer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts