Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting frustated again. Maybe I'm just impatient? What are you guys using? I have done the "Super Glue", Not so happy. Stocked up on "Krazy Glue". Thats better. Playing with Krazy glue "Craft". A great dispenser. takes forever to set up. I dont want to glue my fingers together... but I dont want to have to make a jig to wait for it to hold either. Is there something better out there?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Bob,
What are you trying to glue?
I don't use any kind of Super Glue.

I install my Center Caps with a two part Clear Epoxy that sets in a minute.
This would be good for anything but I have no idea how it would react to sanding and painting.

For body mods I use JB Kwik or QuikSteel.

Super Glue is the only instant glue but it's nasty stuff and won't allow you to make adjustments once parts touch each other.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking small again. Trying to put small plastic pieces together. Brush gaurds and such. Not worried about the body. trying to add small details to it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I use a white acrylic glue in a tube that sets up in about 20 mins and drys clear. It's kind of rubbery when it's dry, not hard as a rock.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've used JB Quick on pot-metal and it sticks pretty well, but I've found it doesn't stick that well on styrene and some other types of plastics. Super glue sticks pretty well to styrene, but I've not had it stick well to pot metal. Fortunately super glue sticks to JB Quick pretty well. Tonight I had a quck project where I used one material to make a support/back-up, and then used the super glue to hold the styrene into place. Perhaps some of my problems are based on getting too rough with a file after glueing things up. Sometimes you have to get creative...

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
I am finding that the best glue I use is the one that makes me see the prettiest colors after a few minutes of having it out in the open. 2 part epoxy.. most any brand.

Disclaimer: Always use any bonding agent/glue/epoxy in a well ventilated environment.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am finding that the best glue I use is the one that makes me see the prettiest colors after a few minutes of having it out in the open. 2 part epoxy.. most any brand.

Disclaimer: Always use any bonding agent/glue/epoxy in a well ventilated environment.
somebody take Bud outside and give him some air:lol:.
Deep breaths Bud!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts