Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this JL poster. Check out all the new castings and selections just for one year!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Now THAT'S how you sell diecast! Just think what it could be like.........AGAIN!!!

Thanks for sharing this great poster! :thumbsup:

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
I have a bunch of those posters, from the JLCC, in a drawer upstairs. Those were the days...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I just don't understand why it can't be the current days.
Maybe Tom Z. could enlighten us as to why?
Those were series of 12 cars or more. not just 12 cars for a year.
Maybe the plastic is costing too much now, I just don't understand.
Why is it that when a company buys another and it is doing great, does the new company feel the need to kill it. And then the new company is bought by another company and it feels the need to kill those competing markets.
Especially when the new companies have nothing to replace the older lines.
Richard

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
MANY Johnny Lightning cars in many stores in my area back then.

Yes, those were the days! :hat:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I just wish I could read the fine print on that poster! As it is, I see several that I'd like to add to my collection, specifically the Riviera, the Hornet hatchback, the Camaro SS, the '68 (69?) Corvette, and the VW pickup. I already have several versions of the Motorama Corvair (of course!). Unfortunately I wasn't into JL collecting a decade ago. :(

·
Registered
812 Posts
I had that poster and certainly remember those "good old days"! I remember how excited I was at so many good cars coming out.....Super 70s, Boogie Vans, a whole series of Thunderbirds an AMC Hornet! Those sure were the days......

Thanks for the memories......

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
And that was only ten years ago. Goes to show how quickly things can change when you're shuffled from one parent company to another.

Ten years ago, I had about half a dozen die cast cars to my name, I wouldn't have even called myself a collector. So most all the "good old days" JL's are still new to me. Wish the prices were the same though!

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I sure miss those days. I covered 3 countys for my job,so I would do hunting after calls, on lunch and on the way home. It was so fun. My wife would not say how was your day, it was How did you do, get any whites?
The collectors were differant then. We would help each other with getting cars, it did not matter what it was worth you just swapped cars so you each had what you wanted. Heck I even gave stuff away because I knew it would come back to me some way in the future. The best part I met some great guys and girls that I am still friends with today:wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts