Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Where have I seen this picture before? :D

I want the vintage brown and purple ones in the worst way.....:wave:

Brown one is tough and purple one is a color changer.... how much is the worst way??? :lol:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Brown one is tough and purple one is a color changer.... how much is the worst way??? :lol:
Meaning if I find anyone that has a mint copy of one I will be ready to pony up the bucks it takes to acquire them. :wave:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think I prefer this casting to the Camaro from that late 70s time era, because it has more detail.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
This has been a very cool casting over the years!

but, I wonder, even the latest, the black with flmaes, has the smaller wheels in front, bigger in the back.... why did they go with the 4x4 look on the Classics issues?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Like the one all the way on the left back corner (the red one...)
A nice casting for sure...

:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
What a great casting, clearly a very charming toy rather than a model,fantastic play value because very hard to be beat on the track sets,Hong Kong cars run exceptionaly well...one from my childhood .
Not my camera, but my example of this ´Lost cars of China´ Hotbird is my 2nd favourite car in my 700+ HW collection. Some of the o6 Classics issues do have smaller front wheels -depends on the body color. I also miss the brown,blue and silver cars but do have the HTF gold plated car from 1979

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
um i dont see a brown one in that pic i see the purple one but there isnt a brown one so whats everyone talking about

theres 2 older black ones with browm interiors???

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
vw-wl-collector said:
um i dont see a brown one in that pic i see the purple one but there isnt a brown one so whats everyone talking about

theres 2 older black ones with browm interiors???
There is a very rare brown one that is not pictured. Not the best looking color, but a $100 car or more even loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts