Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about getting a 1/8 scale Karloff Son Of Frankenstein to go with my 1/8 scale Ygor model. I don't care for the old Geometric Design William Paquet sculpt at all. I'm thinking about changing out a Revell Aurora style Frankie with a COPP conversion kit seen here-

http://www.theclubhouse1.net/photo/albums/userpics/sonoffrank.jpg

But, before I commit to that, I wanted to make sure that there isn't another 1/8 Karloff Son Of Frankenstein That I've missed somewhere. Have I missed one?

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ben; I just posted this over on UMA. Here is a pic of the Sideshow 8" Karloff Monster from SOF next to the assembled legs of an Aurora Frank kit (about 5 1/2" H at the waist.) I have not had that resin Ygor kit in AGES, but IIRC it is probably a better match to the toy than the Aurora kit.
Hope this helps. :)
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Posthumous Productions used to sell a modification kit for the Aurora Frankenstein to convert to the Son of Frankenstein. It was a nice set and I think it might be available from John Apgar. His email is: [email protected]. He sells the resin set of a head, torso, and letters for the tombstone for $35 plus $5 shipping. Take a look at this link to get an idea.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=260791

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If you could find that resin kit of Karloff holding the inspector's false arm while standing on the kid (don't remember who made it), you'd have a neat diorama.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Fellas!

I took the Aurora legs and stuck the Lugosi conversion parts on it long enough to compare the two kits. Since the SOF conversion kit is for the same Frankie legs, this should give an accurate height ratio. I think they look pretty good side by side, scale wise...what do you guys think?

Kinda freaky seeing Lugosi as Ygor and the Frankie monster, too LOL

Ben

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 7 of 7 Posts