Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks Dave. It's hugely important to acknowledge their sacrifice.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
great tribute

that was really fitting for a fallen kiwi. i,m fromiliar with memorials here in the U.S. my big brother blows taps at military funerals here in rhode island and often speaks of protocal. however never seen a kiwi funeral before i was just blown away by that. maybe someday soon we will all get out of there and not loose any more young men.

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Very moving Dave. Wish i knew what they were saying. I'm in my truck and couldnt hear it.

Thanks to all our brothers and sisters who serve throughout the world.

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
For the Yanks and others that have never seen something like that, and correct me if I am wrong Kiwi, that is known as a funeral haka. Haka's are Maori tradition that goes back a long ways. Their rugby team has become famous for their pregame haka. This funeral haka is a very fitting tribute for their fallen comrades. May they rest in peace! Thanks for sharing Kiwi. pig

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep you are correct Pig. There is a Haka for respect and a Haka that is a challenge. Joe, the thing with a Haka is you don't need to know the words it's all in the emotion! For every Kiwi that does the Haka there are many Kiwi's that will back that guy! So the mass Haka in that vid is supported by the whole country. It unites us! May sound a little weird to you guys but it's our way to show these brave people and their families how proud we are of them!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
not wierd at all kiwi d
that was really moving to me. n i told my brother to check it out. he,d really understand the haka as do i thanx so much new zealand fdor your service.
joe g

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Yea man, what Al said :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts