Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
TRU has the first Ferrari 5 sets (on the right) overflowing the pegs in my area. The new Ferrari set (on the left) is showing up in most of the stores.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
I found the one on the right with a packaging error. It has an extra 550 Maranello instead of a 456M. Up for trade if anyone is interested :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
that one looks like a return...where someone wanted only one car out of the 5 pack, and replaced it with a double of the 550. They didn't even put the yellow one back in the right spot.
5 packs are very easy to open, then re-seal, then return to the store.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
that one looks like a return...where someone wanted only one car out of the 5 pack, and replaced it with a double of the 550. They didn't even put the yellow one back in the right spot.
5 packs are very easy to open, then re-seal, then return to the store.
Initially, I considered that. But if so, they did a really good job sealing it back up! I looked it over and couldn't find any sign of it having been opened and sealed back. And then I thought, why go to all that trouble just to get an extra 456M? :confused: 5 packs are supposedly exclusives, right? So the perpetrator would have had to buy two 5 packs to switch out with the other exclusive 550. Why not just put in any 1/64 die-cast laying around? Doesn't make sense, does it?

My theory is that something happened with the conveyor belt over in southeast Asia and the packing got off. I don't want to argue about it, though, as I agree that it is probably only desirable to either Ferrari collectors or error collectors (errors are only considered errors when they are still in package, right?). I'm neither, so that's why it is up for trade :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts