Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of a couple JLs Ive 'improved' removed tacky overdone on mopars vinyl top, & installed real wheels on Purple 71 Challenger . Put better wheels on the blue 69 Dart (I dont like dog dish wheels or redline tires ) & a couple custom repaints on '60 Ford wagons . Green one is replica of one I owned 20 yrs ago !

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I've always loved that '60 Ford casting, it seems a little small but nicely detailed. For me, it represents what JL is all about: doing a fantastic job on cars that the rest of the diecast world won't touch. It's terribly under-used--Bond, a surf rod, an ornament, someting Coke ... and I think that's it. Were there others?

jk

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I love that 60 Ford casting. Would make a great YCITS car. I'd volunteer to find owners if we could make this happen.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Jeff Koch said:
I've always loved that '60 Ford casting, it seems a little small but nicely detailed. For me, it represents what JL is all about: doing a fantastic job on cars that the rest of the diecast world won't touch. It's terribly under-used--Bond, a surf rod, an ornament, someting Coke ... and I think that's it. Were there others?

jk
Where is the Rebel Rod Version????

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Cool customs!

I like what you did with the Challenger...but the Dart looks great to me stock.

edseldave said:
(I dont like dog dish wheels or redline tires )
You can send all your extras my way...I love dog dish wheels and redlines!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have a bunch more of the wagons I repainted , but havent finished detailing them & assembling them . Most were made from the Surf Rod , as that was the easiest one to find (& the ugliest car they could make the wagon into !- those colors ! , those wheels !) . Like Jeff said , so far only 4 have been done so far ... Since I posted a pic of some of my other 60 wagons a while back , the system wont let me re-post it .... I did submit pics for My Cars the Star of my old wagon , but it probably wont be used because I no longer own it , & the pics have yellowed a bit with age . The light green didnt look so good in the pics ... I wish JL would make it a Black With Flames Car !! I hear the Country Squire will be a met green color ... Most '60 Squires were white or black ... I have pics of a couple , they are quite scarce nowadays ! Anyone know how I can repost a pic , or move it ??
Sinutt -- I usually swap the wheels / tires with another car & have a friend put them out at swap meets he vends at . Most sell for $1 -$2 . If you want to do some trading / dealing email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
edseldave:
Very nice work. I like the wheel and rim swaps. Lettered tires look great on muscle cars from that era. I have done that also on a few.
The vehicles from various Classic Gold are easy to do swaps on as they have RR tires.
I love the look of the Ford wagons.
I have the chrome one from last year's Holiday Classic. A sweet casting.
Thanks for sharing your work.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
midtown said:
I love that 60 Ford casting. Would make a great YCITS car. I'd volunteer to find owners if we could make this happen.
Funny that you mention that, I tell a lot of people that I see at local cruises that they need to send pictures in to get their cars done. Some act excited, and some, you can tell, just have no interest in a 1:64 version of their car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Those look good. I always like the mostly "stock" but improved upon cars. They retain originality but have that extra edge and look even more realistic. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts