Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

went to hobbytown and got stuff to make propane tanks and more metal siding and did a new draft for a new trailor. been a busy day here:p

·
Registered
764 Posts
Very nice Lee.

I'm still looking for styrene. Went to a couple hobby stores in the city today, they never heard of it.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
tell them its evergreen part # 4526 metal siding sheet styrene .040 spacing and .040 thick.
check the thread whats on your bench page 7 post 102..grayhouse gave me the link to evergreen. it is way cheaper there. i had to have mine today and it cost me 30 bucks for everything i got today. if i had ordered threw evergreen i could have saved 10 bucks

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Real nice job Lee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lmao. the topper is my test one. it will get thrown in the junk yard. along with the first trailer i did.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Seeing how you made that trailer from scratch was awesome. It adds a whole different dimension to customizing. :)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks everyone.
if you look threw the rear window you will see black carpet. the body lifts off. now for the goodies to go in it.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Awesome job on the truck cap and the trailer! I'd like to try making a teardrop camper. How flexible is that styrene? Is it thin enough that you can bend it around the curves with no problem, or do you have to something like heat it up or back cut it with a razor knife to bend it?

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know the .020 bends easy but as far as .040 im not sure. i havent done any complex bends yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts