Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya - Had some time in between paint drying to do a couple of one-offs. I post them here because this is where the whole idea started. I'll probably post them on the Customs board also. Thanks for looking....

Thought a street racer of some sort might be cool..

This was supposed to be kind of a Johnny Retro type thing......

....and a little nod to our friend Russ over at Milezones.......

Here's a better pic of the Retro car...

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Those all came out pretty nice.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Ya can't help but love something that's got flames, but I kinda like the retro one a little more (this time anyway). Nice job. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Holy Schmoly, Chris! :eek: You're even detailing the trim after paint?? (doorknobs, filler cap, etc.) That's just incredible!! :thumbsup:
*still waiting patiently for his set.........panting a little* :D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DadsCoronet said:
Holy Schmoly, Chris! :eek: You're even detailing the trim after paint?? (doorknobs, filler cap, etc.) That's just incredible!! :thumbsup:
*still waiting patiently for his set.........panting a little* :D
LOL..Windshield wipers too, Mark :p Taillights...all of the original detailing is redone. You should have your set Saturday. And thank you all for your kind comments :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
I love the gray one with flames,and your not going to believe this but last sunday I steped outside to smoke and I live at the foot of johns mountain,I heard something rumbling down the mountain,looked up and there came a cobra daytona,it was silver w/two blacks over the top,cold chills came up all over me.I ran to the phone and called my friend Gary and asked him who around here had one he said he didnt know he had never seen one before in person ,I said I hadnt either,about that time here it came it went back up the mountain,so I grabbed the camera and took off,hoping he might stop somewhere.but I never saw it again.DANG I wished I could have got a pic.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dr.olds said:
I love the gray one with flames,and your not going to believe this but last sunday I steped outside to smoke and I live at the foot of johns mountain,I heard something rumbling down the mountain,looked up and there came a cobra daytona,it was silver w/two blacks over the top,cold chills came up all over me.I ran to the phone and called my friend Gary and asked him who around here had one he said he didnt know he had never seen one before in person ,I said I hadnt either,about that time here it came it went back up the mountain,so I grabbed the camera and took off,hoping he might stop somewhere.but I never saw it again.DANG I wished I could have got a pic.
Wow, that must have been a bolt out of the blue!! I've only seen and heard one once in person. A guy had one down at the car show in Coopersville, MI for Del Shannon Days last year. At first I was sure it was a repro but the guy had documentation for the car. White w/offset blue LeMans stripe, but the car was originally blue. :wave:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dr.olds said:
Did it look something like this?????

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
SkipperC said:
Did it look something like this?????

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

A local speed shop had a blue one like that. The parts come from all over the world and they do the final assembly there. For around $85K you can have your very own, at least that's what the guy told me when I stopped one day as he was pulling the car into the garage. He even let me snap a few pictures, but alas I can't figure out what happened to them. They were taken two computers ago I think. :drunk:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts